Learning about the "Clunk" - New member- First post! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just the very front one. I guess that's "the easy one". Will get to them all eventually.
Hey Prezzz, I'm new to the thread. Did you solve the clunk noise? I had same issue with '99 LC with 172K miles. I ended up replaced the two motor mounts and one transmission mount, which were all worn. No more clunk noise or shudder when accelerating, rides like a cadi.

Hey Prezzz, I'm new to the thread. Did you solve the clunk noise? I had same issue with '99 LC with 172K miles. I ended up replaced the two motor mounts and one transmission mount, which were all worn. No more clunk noise or shudder when accelerating, rides like a cadi.
I didn't solve it. Thanks for the info and reply!!

I just bought my first 100 series this past weekend. It's a 2000 LX470 with 183,000 miles, lifted, and running 34" tires. I have a ton to learn about these and I'm looking forward to digging in to the wealth of knowledge from you all. My first question is about the drivline "clunk". It seems many are trying, greasing the axle, replacing diff bushings, etc...... and a lot of the time, it helps, but doesn't solve the issue completely. So my first question is simply this: Is this "clunk" acutually damaging anything? Or is it just simply annoying? It doesn't bother me enough to start going down a rabbit hole to solve it, if it's basically harmless. 2nd part to the question is this. Does the "Clunk" happen to those with stock setups? Or just the big tire/lifted guys? Thanks for your input in advance.

View attachment 3071273

It can be absolutely completely solved, it's just a matter of how many things you're willing to replace. I chose to replace every bushing, every suspension component, new axles, shafts, etc. I have zero clunk and it's been this way for years. Lift or not isn't really causal here.

edit: I see I basically already made this same post back in July and forgot about it. Either way, keep plucking away ($$$$) and you too can have a clunk free hundy that drives better than a new Audi Q7, or Tundra (the only things I can compare it to)

If you post or keep a spreadsheet of what you have replaced, we can probably add a few obvious things that you haven't to get you to clunk free.

Last edited:
Reactions: jLB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom