Learn About Search and Rescue Opportunities This Week's Meeting! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Representatives from the Shenandoah Mountain Rescue Group (SMRG) will be giving a brief presentation at our meeting next Wednesday.

I was turned on to the idea when Ian (posts here as offroad_nomad) posted a pic of his 4Runner all decked out for Search and Rescue operations in our Members' Rides section. I asked him about it and went to a monthly prospective members meeting earlier this week. I liked what I heard, so I'm probably going to join. I thought maybe some of you all would be interested, too, so we invited Ian and Andrew (SMRG's Training Officer) to come to out meeting and tell us a bit more about it.

Here's the clubs website where you can download membership info - http://smrg.asrc.net/PortalVB/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=28

You don't need any kind of medical or rescue experience to join, and after attending just a couple meetings, you're eligible to participate in all of their field training exercises and actual rescue operations.

Please fire away if you have any questions, or just bring them to the meeting.

If you're planning on coming to the meeting next week, can you please let me know? I want to be able to tell the guys what size audience to expect.

So, nobody's coming? Anyone?

I'll be there. The SAR stuff sounds interesting.

Tommy C.

tacoburgher said:
I'll be there. The SAR stuff sounds interesting.

Tommy C.

Very cool. It'll be good to see you, Tommy.

me three ...

Felix,

I'll be there ... as long as there is no really weird club initiation hazing thing ...

Smiles,
Cahil

cahilc said:
Felix,

I'll be there ... as long as there is no really weird club initiation hazing thing ...

Smiles,
Cahil

Oh, don't you worry. Just try to limber up a bit before the meeting, and you'll be fine. :flipoff2:

I should make it there this month.

HOPs HOPS HOPs
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom