Leaking front hub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gday guys,

Just wanted to confirm this is a leaking front hub, is it an inner seal or something? Havent had one leak before so before I buy anything to fix it thought I would ask!!

I've seen much worse. When was your last knuckle rebuild?

Im pritty observant and only noticed it this morning, so last I looked would of been a day or two ago. Plus drove 700kms yesterday.

No idea, I have only just bought it so it probably hasnt been done for 10s of thousands of kms!

how's your brake fluid? Looks like the caliper is leaking.

what does it smell like?

@3_puppies might be onto something. The knuckle looks pretty good. Check the brake line as he mentioned.

+1 check your calliper. Knuckle looks OK. When the knuckle seal goes, the big metal ball gets all gloopy with runny grease and oil mixture, which then drips down to the nuts and studs below the knuckle.

Thanks for the tip on what to look for @Freewheel didnt really know what it looks like when the seal goes.

You guys are all over it, took the wheel off this afternoon and looks like there is a similar colour to my brake fluid. Ive been having some dramas with that caliper with different lines not sealing correctly. Ive degreased the area to ensure its not left overs from when the workshop had a look at it for me, if it still leaks ill just swap out the caliper with some Hilux LN106 calipers which will also improve the brakes at the same time.

Ok now you have my attention. What year Hilux LN106 calipers fit out 60's? Would love to make this swap if it's relatively straight forward to pick up. Enter stopping.

From what ive found out it seems the year doesnt matter. As long as its LN106. They must of had the same calipers for LN106 run. Again only what ive read but they bolt straight up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom