Leaking coolant!! Help me identify this leak!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin, TX until 8/04 then Chicago, IL until 6/11
Hola all, thanks for he years I help. Look like I new a little more.
Was driving yesterday and when I parked I heard this hissing nose and saw a couple of drops of coolant on the ground. Opened up the hood and coolant was spraying out of the top small silver tube.

I'm talking about the two tubes that look identical and are running horizontally. The top one is leaking coolant under lots of pressure. Anyone know what his is and how hard it is to replace?

Thanks in advance

Patick
image-1387656789.jpg

Grab the service manual(s) from the tech section ("Tech Links" at the very top of the page). Is it the tube, or a connection from the tube to a hose?

(I hate hate hate dealing with cooling system leaks. I have several right now!)

[QUOTE

(I hate hate hate dealing with cooling system leaks. I have several right now!)[/QUOTE]

x2 on that! iI am getting so frustrated on trying to locate and stop a coolant leak also. I think the last thing I can do is relpace all the molded coolant hoses. everything esle has been done.

Coolant is leaking from those small in diameter, silver colored tubes? You sure its coolant and not brake fluid?

JLH911,
Yep it's leaking from the higher of the two almost identical small diameter tubes. It's definitely coolant. I started to over heat today and had to fill up the radiator.

Any ideas?

p

Those two twin lines are brake lines. No coolant in them. Coolant is most likely spraying from a pinhole leak in the hose that goes from the head to the rear heater hard line on the firewall.

Those two twin lines are brake lines. No coolant in them. Coolant is most likely spraying from a pinhole leak in the hose that goes from the head to the rear heater hard line on the firewall.

x2 on what Spike Strip says. Should it be that hose then you'll want to disconect the throttle linkage from the linkage hanger and remove the hanger from the firewall. Removing the hanger will give better access. Replacing that hose can be a real bear.

Have you already gone through and replaced all of your coolant hoses? Are yours the originals and looking kind of cracked or stiff? I would take this as a message to go through the whole thing and replace all of the hoses.... There are alot and a major PITA, but you do it once and you are set for 10-15yrs. If one hose is breaking more will come soon.

Agree that the hose on the back side of the head is a PITA. Depending on your resources, time, and friends, pulling the hood off makes it soo much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom