leaf springs for an hj61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

B

burger

I just picked up my new 86 hj61 and was wondering how much should I be paying for a new set of leaf springs. Probably just going to go with stock leafs and maybe some longer shackles to add a little lift,as the after market options seem a little high.I have heard that old man emu lifts are about 2000 cdn. Is there any other option for getting a 2-3 inch lift at a reasonable price. The truck will be my wifes primary vehicle and she does not want another 10 inch lifted toyota.

Congrats on the truck!!!

Last I checked OME was over three grand for the medium duty.........

I have installed a Belton kit on my bros HJ60. Very nice kit for around $1600cad. Comes complete with greasable shackles, shock, u-bolts, bushings, steering stabilizer, and springs. There is someone out on the coast distributing Belton suspension. I think it is Steven Tetu at www.extremebends.com

I have also ordered a kit for my 61.

PM your email and I will send you pics of my bros truck if you like.

I got a BDS kit for around $1200. I ordered greaseable pins and shackles from Spector for another $200 delivered with shipping/taxes/duty etc.
Are the springs hooped or ???
I replaced mine because the rear main cracked and I figured if one is gone the rest can't be far behind.

[quote author=Big_Blue link=board=21;threadid=9622;start=msg84463#msg84463 date=1073252810]...Last I checked OME was over three grand for the medium duty...........[/quote]

Canadian?

$1600 US

[quote author=cruiseroutfit link=board=21;threadid=9622;start=msg90007#msg90007 date=1074048013]
Canadian?

$1600 US
[/quote]

Perhaps that was installed...

Nope, I screwed up.

It was for the heavy and was $2400CAD and change. They also quoted me the for an ARB bumber which but the quote at around $3400CAD. Sorry, that was the number I remembered......

Thanks for klearing that one up...

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom