Leaf Spring Distance Plate- Is it Required? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post here- I am well into a front end rebuild on Bruno my recently aquired FJ62. I searched with no luck. I noticed in the FSM there is supposed to be a "distance plate" between the leaf springs and spring seat on the underside of the leaf springs. This wasn't there when I disassembled the front end.

What is the purpose of this and is it required? I see Spectre has these OEM for $53 or something they call a spring pad for $3. Is this only just a pad to reduce wear on the leaf spring?

Do you have aftermarket springs on the truck ?

The plate/pad combo is supposed to reduce road vibration or something like that - they're generally left off if new springs are installed.

I don't have them on mine - I have OME suspension - really couldn't tell any difference, but then again, I like the music loud, the beer cold, and the women to stay home. :D

:rolleyes:

Totally stock set up- stock springs, shackles, spring seat etc... Polyurethane bushings.

I think what you are talking about is the rubber isolator that is only on the back springs. If you are doing an OME suspension, you probably have a couple of donut looking things. Put those on the center spring pins to center the spring pin in the spring perch hole.

Sorry for the Hi-jack, but slcfj62, can you PM me payment info (PP) for one of your Ultimate headlight harness for an FJ60, please ?

Thx

Nope- I definitely know the front of my car from the back. I am talking about what the manual shows going underneath the front leaf spring on top of the spring seat.

Yes, I know what you're talking about - EPC calls it a distance plate, like you said. Part #48475-60020

It's just a rubber pad. You don't need it. It was probably removed during a previous rebuild 'cuz it was rotted out... If you want it anyway, $50 each from Mr. T

GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom