LCLC HAM Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With your HT you could hit the SCHEART system and talk to SC, NC and GA from friday to sunday..
SCHEART | South Carolina Healthcare Emergency Amateur Radio Team

Ill be on HF with the scouts. Study up, and upgrade. Youll be able to talk world wide
Looks like we are “go” for setting up the Intermediate Exam at Boeing. They’ve been working on the material for a bit but I guess the test was updated? Not sure why it has taken so long.

Steve gave me a 7’ whip antenna for my 25W B-Tech HAM. It works well and the antenna will be a huge improvement over the little mag mount I have now.

Family ended up being priority over the scouts.
Heard from friends Camp Moultrie BSA was a mess.
Too much rivalry between Local Ham Groups.... TARC CARS CARA AARG DONT JOIN ONE...
But did hear good news from JOTA station on Johns Island. That station was not manned by any local ham groups, just local volunteers.

That's a shame to hear about Moultrie, I know the guy on Johns Island who hosts this every year, He's got a nice place out there.

Yea Oscar is awesome, i will be helping Oscar anytime.

Nice to meet you, and talk radios.

Anything new? Charleston Hamfest Sat Feb1 0800 Danny Jones Armory...

Ham operator contacted ISS, pretty cool:

Everytime i hear them overhead their talking to schools.... So i dont even try... Its way easier to do APRS to ISS.

@Eliot did you make it to the Hamfest this past weekend?

its like a flea market for ham radio....
the local "Charleston Hamfest" Usually weekend in February...have been poor since it left the Exchange Park in Ladson years ago.
There is also Beachfest in Conway in October has been in decline also.
Then Upstate Hamfest in Spartanburg in May.... i usually go to this one... Best one so far in South Carolina

They have a large one in Orlando this weekend called Hamcation its a 3 day

I wanna get a ham license, CB is so short range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom