LCLC HAM Thread

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star

With your HT you could hit the SCHEART system and talk to SC, NC and GA from friday to sunday..
SCHEART | South Carolina Healthcare Emergency Amateur Radio Team

Ill be on HF with the scouts. Study up, and upgrade. Youll be able to talk world wide
Looks like we are “go” for setting up the Intermediate Exam at Boeing. They’ve been working on the material for a bit but I guess the test was updated? Not sure why it has taken so long.

Steve gave me a 7’ whip antenna for my 25W B-Tech HAM. It works well and the antenna will be a huge improvement over the little mag mount I have now.

BenMara

Asian Redneck

Family ended up being priority over the scouts.
Heard from friends Camp Moultrie BSA was a mess.
Too much rivalry between Local Ham Groups.... TARC CARS CARA AARG DONT JOIN ONE...
But did hear good news from JOTA station on Johns Island. That station was not manned by any local ham groups, just local volunteers.

That's a shame to hear about Moultrie, I know the guy on Johns Island who hosts this every year, He's got a nice place out there.

BenMara

Asian Redneck

Everytime i hear them overhead their talking to schools.... So i dont even try... Its way easier to do APRS to ISS.

BenMara

Asian Redneck

its like a flea market for ham radio....
the local "Charleston Hamfest" Usually weekend in February...have been poor since it left the Exchange Park in Ladson years ago.
There is also Beachfest in Conway in October has been in decline also.
Then Upstate Hamfest in Spartanburg in May.... i usually go to this one... Best one so far in South Carolina

They have a large one in Orlando this weekend called Hamcation its a 3 day

Top Bottom