LCLC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool looking cruiser! I hope you can get it fixed soon! Feel free to join us in the meantime! Sorry I don’t know any good diesel shops out in MT Pleasant. Maybe someone else can make a recommendation!

LexTech wont mess with it?

Probably not. Maybe McIntosh

Have been contacted by a former employee at our company who now works for a high end brand men's line HQ'd in N.C. worn by some PGA golfers. They are planning on doing photo shoots at Kiawah and around Charleston later this month and are looking for the following vehicles to rent for the shoots:
Aston Martin DB5 in Silver (prefer 1965)
FJ40 Land Cruiser: have PM'd Jeremy & Erik, who else has one fairly stock?
Late 1950's BMW 507
Norton Triumph Bonneville
BMW or Ducati Racers
Mid-late 1980's Jeep Grand Wagoneers

If you know someone with any of these that would be willing to rent them out, please Pm me and I will put you in contact with them

Howdy! We moved out a year ago from the western slope of CO and have wanted to get involved in the club, but the engine on our HJ75 troopy is bad and I wanted to wait until it was fixed. Well, it has been at performance diesel in MtP for a long time with 0 progress. I found an awesome engine: 2016 1HZ w/turbo with only 37kmiles on it and it has been at their shop for 2 months. So, I’m hunting for a new diesel shop. Any recommendations?
Thanks!
View attachment 2428617
Welcome to the LowCountry. Jonathan and the guys are very good at Performance Diesel, maybe just not as familiar with your Toyota. They’ve maintained my diesel trucks for several years.... hope they can get you squared away.

@JToobe , mine is mostly stock, but its in Summerton. I could bring it back down here, though.
I'll reach out to her.

Howdy! We moved out a year ago from the western slope of CO and have wanted to get involved in the club, but the engine on our HJ75 troopy is bad and I wanted to wait until it was fixed. Well, it has been at performance diesel in MtP for a long time with 0 progress. I found an awesome engine: 2016 1HZ w/turbo with only 37kmiles on it and it has been at their shop for 2 months. So, I’m hunting for a new diesel shop. Any recommendations?
Thanks!
View attachment 2428617

I'd heard good things about Performance Diesel, but I never used them since they were on the other side of town. LexTech probably won't touch it; Glenn doesn't dabble in the vintage/foreign Cruiser realm anymore. If PD isn't making progress I'd give McIntosh a call and explain the situation. He deals with a lot of different vehicles, though, so you might want to get a feel for his timeline situation. Worse comes to worst, you could tow it up to Trollhole's in Greenville... Marshall is backed up with projects but he can certainly do the work - without question. But again, timing. Anyhow, welcome!

Thanks everyone! Performance said they are too busy and they've been trying to get an outsider in to help to no avail. I left a message with Trollhole and I'll try the other you have mentioned. Looking forward to getting out and playing with y'all.

update: Lex won't it. Macintosh won't because the exhaust is on the wrong side. I would do it in my driveway, but even though it's supposed to be a 2 banana job, my wife would have a fit and it's outside my comfort zone anyways.

It will need a new exhaust system, so any recommendations for a shop that can do that?

Last edited:
RoundFab is a custom road race shop (843) 377-3733. See if they can give you some direction to a local shop that may do the work.
Just an idea.

Hey guys. I decided to do the rebuild on my own. Started a build thread here. I'm about ready to put the engine back in and I'm looking for a mobile mechanic to come over and weld the engine mounts in place. I hoping to repurpose the old mounts, but might have to have new ones fabricated. I've called lots of shops with no luck. Mobile welders don't work on vehicles. Mobile mechanics have told me I need a body shop (BS). Body shops don't want to mess with it. I could tow it somewhere, but then I have to lug the engine there, etc. Ideas?
Really looking forward to getting out and playing with y'all!

Hey guys. I decided to do the rebuild on my own. Started a build thread here. I'm about ready to put the engine back in and I'm looking for a mobile mechanic to come over and weld the engine mounts in place. I hoping to repurpose the old mounts, but might have to have new ones fabricated. I've called lots of shops with no luck. Mobile welders don't work on vehicles. Mobile mechanics have told me I need a body shop (BS). Body shops don't want to mess with it. I could tow it somewhere, but then I have to lug the engine there, etc. Ideas?
Really looking forward to getting out and playing with y'all!
I’ve sent a message to a local work colleague that welds. I’ll let you know what he says and share his #. Another option - if a fellow cruiser can’t help - is Williamson Welding on John’s Island. Google them.

Anyone keep in contact with IndianDoc? I havent heard from him in a very long time.

Got the new engine in and I'm ready to play! When's the next get together?

And if anyone is looking for a welder, I found a really good one.

Wow..... you could hear a mouse in this forum....

Wow..... you could hear a mouse in this forum....

651D43C6-D868-4FB3-8F7B-A5BB584EC1F9.jpeg

My bro feeds rodents to the reptiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom