LCLC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Met up with @Yardboy in Sheridan, WY the other day for some mild wheelin’ and beer drinkin’. The breweries out there are REALLY REALLY good. It can’t be understated; 6 breweries and all of them beat the local crap I was drinking in Texas the past few months. The fire roads we spent the day on started easy enough, but toward the end when we found Randy’s “Happy Place”, they were similar in difficulty to the medium (non-D) trails at Uwharrie. Freaking stellar time basically in his backyard.
7ED62D43-8287-4368-B4C7-D1103674FCB8.jpeg
8DA3CBA5-ECD1-4333-B4D1-9DA25A08B601.jpeg
5BA00EB9-1D68-4496-ADD0-D58C3D0F8885.jpeg
6A4CC22B-ED4F-4813-A0E7-988F76503EB5.jpeg

Nice

Psssssst.

I dropped the 40 off to Marshall @Trollhole this past week. A rebuilt 2F swap finally coming (soon). He’ll also handle the ARB rear locker install, a vintage air upgrade, and a few other minor items.

We’re optimistic I’ll have it for the RelicRun 2022… if all parts arrive in time.

Got my 40 back a few a days ago. Benke installed the new 2F witch 5speed and new transfer case but had to do some modifications here and there, He even delivered it to me!!!!!!! That is service. So, when is the Relic Run?

Got my 40 back a few a days ago. Benke installed the new 2F witch 5speed and new transfer case but had to do some modifications here and there, He even delivered it to me!!!!!!! That is service. So, when is the Relic Run?

April 6-10:

It's a really nice truck. I'm guessing next is power steering and a/c...like @ErikinSC

It's a really nice truck. I'm guessing next is power steering and a/c...like @ErikinSC
Absolutely. Fuel injection too, but power steering is a must. Wife wants to drive it but she can’t steer it.

Absolutely. Fuel injection too, but power steering is a must. Wife wants to drive it but she can’t steer it.
Don't want to discourage Fuel Injection... But I'm very skeptical since it's a YRMV situation. The guys that like it are very enthusiastic about how well it works - but there seem to be equally as many stories of folks that wish they'd left well enough alone... As for power steering, I love my Saginaw system; I think you drove it around. I'd also give a hard look at the electric system that's out now; looks like a bolt-on upgrade and I have heard good things.

Psssssst.

I dropped the 40 off to Marshall @Trollhole this past week. A rebuilt 2F swap finally coming (soon). He’ll also handle the ARB rear locker install, a vintage air upgrade, and a few other minor items.

We’re optimistic I’ll have it for the RelicRun 2022… if all parts arrive in time.
Far out upgrade, man! Fingers crossed that he can do it in time; when you're there, The Relic Run is so much more groovy, man!

Morning, are there any meets coming up around here anytime soon? it'd be Nice to meet some other owners.

Morning, are there any meets coming up around here anytime soon? it'd be Nice to meet some other owners.
Cars & Coffee in Mt Pleasant on Saturdays AM is often a good place to catch a local FJ40. I’ll be in Columbia this week - but if you want to post up a suggested meet and greet - you may get someone else to chime in and join.

Don't want to discourage Fuel Injection... But I'm very skeptical since it's a YRMV situation. The guys that like it are very enthusiastic about how well it works - but there seem to be equally as many stories of folks that wish they'd left well enough alone... As for power steering, I love my Saginaw system; I think you drove it around. I'd also give a hard look at the electric system that's out now; looks like a bolt-on upgrade and I have heard good things.

Far out upgrade, man! Fingers crossed that he can do it in time; when you're there, The Relic Run is so much more groovy, man!
Defintely looking ast the electric option,

So I'm new to town and looking to meet other FJ owners. I live on James island and drive a green '67 FJ40. Is the Saturday Coffee thing a regular event?
Yes, Saturday C&C in Mt Pleasant @Town Center is regularly attended…. However, with the holidays - participation may be slightly reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom