Events/Trails LCDC8 Official Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“If it wasn’t for bad luck, I wouldn’t have no luck at all.”

2ECB9CB9-19D0-420C-B561-73CF8ED3D80B.jpeg

Omg dude. Do you need an assist.
I’m good but thanks for offering! Wheel recovered, only a mailbox taken out. Hi Lift for the win. Just picked up a set of lug nuts and shall proceed to get with it. Got lunch with the crew after Mosquito and the wheel ate s*** a mile down the road.

I’m good but thanks for offering! Wheel recovered, only a mailbox taken out. Hi Lift for the win. Just picked up a set of lug nuts and shall proceed to get with it. Got lunch with the crew after Mosquito and the wheel ate s*** a mile down the road.
Holy crap dude :oops:. I’m going to re-torque my wheels right now! How messed up are your rear brakes?

Here's the wheel stud information. They are usually in stock at local parts stores, since they're shared with Sequoia and Tundra.
Length - 50.94mm
Knurl - 16.5mm
Threaded length - 29mm
Marked 10.9
Dorman Part - 610-528

Here's the wheel stud information. They are usually in stock at local parts stores, since they're shared with Sequoia and Tundra.
Length - 50.94mm
Knurl - 16.5mm
Threaded length - 29mm
Marked 10.9
Dorman Part - 610-528
Holy crap dude :oops:. I’m going to re-torque my wheels right now! How messed up are your rear brakes?

You’re a saint, @grinchy, thanks. Luckily no broken studs, just missing nuts. The wheel was torqued, hell, I gave Robert the torque wrench. I just never did a follow up retorque after X miles. Two days of trail riding did her in. Didn’t go looking for damage but the dust shield was pushed into the rotor. Screw driver and channel locks made quick work of that. Robbed a lug nut off each wheel + spare to get moving. Auto parts store in town had a set of lug nuts, so back in action. Back to my plan of taking Weston Pass.

You’re a saint, @grinchy, thanks. Luckily no broken studs, just missing nuts. The wheel was torqued, hell, I gave Robert the torque wrench. I just never did a follow up retorque after X miles. Two days of trail riding did her in. Didn’t go looking for damage but the dust shield was pushed into the rotor. Screw driver and channel locks made quick work of that. Robbed a lug nut off each wheel + spare to get moving. Auto parts store in town had a set of lug nuts, so back in action. Back to my plan of taking Weston Pass.
I heard each lug nut click from the torque wrench. I'm guessing the wrench was set too low.

Always smart to double check later. Lessons learned all around, and no one hurt.

-Chris

I heard each lug nut click from the torque wrench. I'm guessing the wrench was set too low.

Always smart to double check later. Lessons learned all around, and no one hurt.

-Chris

Maybe but I’d say not retorquing is more likely the root cause. Especially with the trails Jeff was on.

These are some great photos! It was so great meeting you and being on the trails with you this week. See you next year!

Dave
Same here. Such a great time and nice to put faces/names with mud folks.

Quick run up Peak 10 this morning. Fun trail, amazing views!
5ACF88BA-CE20-4C9A-B852-EC40F528882D.jpeg

19304C25-395E-4AB2-B594-7DB1432CEB68.jpeg

My LCDC Wrap-up post:

1. Carnage - two very gnarly scrapes on both passenger doors from a tree branch I didn't see, and two scraped Rock Warrior rings
2. Wildlife tally - 2 mooses, 3 bison, 2 squirrels, 1 very friendly marmot, 5 chipmunks, 1 ferret/weasely thing, 2 foxes, roughly 50 dall sheep, and 200 or so elk
3. Funniest quote - "Overlanding is just camping with a bunch of doodads on your truck."
4. Travel hack - We stayed at a very nice condo in Keystone for $100/night, located 5-10 minutes from Peru Creek and Sts John trailheads
5. Gratitude - Cole and Bethany are just really awesome people.
6. Interesting things I learned about - acid rock drainage and the Climax Molybdenum mine
7. More gratitude - Larry from NM shared frozen mini-drumsticks (ice cream) with the group (along with espresso). Thank you.
8. Even more gratitude - My observation was that every attendee treated every other attendee with respect and kindness, regardless of experience level or how built their truck is.
9. WTF moment - Arriving in the town of Montezuma and hitting the bunker-sized speed bump. Look over and see a guy carrying a dog down the road in a wheelbarrow. LCDC group gets accosted by a townsperson telling them they can't air down in the street, threatening to have the mayor come out. Limo with two Thule boxes on top. What a weird little town.

My LCDC Wrap-up post:

1. Carnage - two very gnarly scrapes on both passenger doors from a tree branch I didn't see, and two scraped Rock Warrior rings
2. Wildlife tally - 2 mooses, 3 bison, 2 squirrels, 1 very friendly marmot, 5 chipmunks, 1 ferret/weasely thing, 2 foxes, roughly 50 dall sheep, and 200 or so elk
3. Funniest quote - "Overlanding is just camping with a bunch of doodads on your truck."
4. Travel hack - We stayed at a very nice condo in Keystone for $100/night, located 5-10 minutes from Peru Creek and Sts John trailheads
6. Interesting things I learned about - acid rock drainage and the Climax Molybdenum mine
7. More gratitude - Larry from NM shared frozen mini-drumsticks (ice cream) with the group (along with espresso). Thank you.
8. Even more gratitude - My observation was that every attendee treated every other attendee with respect and kindness, regardless of experience level or how built their truck is.
9. WTF moment - Arriving in the town of Montezuma and hitting the bunker-sized speed bump. Look over and see a guy carrying a dog down the road in a wheelbarrow. LCDC group gets accosted by a townsperson telling them they can't air down in the street, threatening to have the mayor come out. Limo with two Thule boxes on top. What a weird little town.

7461FB49-B57B-4E1F-91E3-FFF4DB4DF4A7.jpeg

This was my first LCDC, and it was amazing. I can't begin to express how much I appreciate the organizers and other attendees. This was my first trip "out west" and it was particularly special since it was a once in a lifetime father/son trip. Everyone was so kind, welcoming and accommodating. I feel fortunate to be in a community of folks that enjoy this passion. Whether it was Chihuahua creek, Santa Fe or Peak 10, the camaraderie, fun, and love of the outdoors was apparent. We did things that we couldn't have imagined a few days ago, challenged the 200 to new limits, and had a ton of fun. Meeting so many of the incredible people that I "knew" online from 'mud was amazing. The trails never failed to amaze. Cody, Cole and Bethany are rockstars!! I also really appreciate the trail leaders and tail gunners! Thank you for everything. I can't wait to come back. Thank you!!!!!

1892F141-29D6-4E7F-B2E6-C433BC514B4F.jpeg

Great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks to the LCDC crew for organizing. If anyone is traveling thru western Wisconsin and needs a place to park / sleep hit me up. Lots of room for free tent space.

My LCDC Wrap-up post:

What about the montezuma house with the Tesla roof ? Great recap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom