Events/Trails LCDC8 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These days -- you never know.

But this one was committed. He's not at Lockhart now, but their product is still up there with the best.

Bump. Need me some LCDC chatter to motivate me to get my Tesla head unit, ham radio, and weboost installed.

Bump. Need me some LCDC chatter to motivate me to get my Tesla head unit, ham radio, and weboost installed.

A nice collection of projects there. :)Hmmm.

A few scattered thoughts..

HAM will be very useful on many trails for LCDC…
Make sure that one gets done and it will be nice—even thiugh not essential (handhelds HAM works pretty well too…just not as good at heavy obstruction…

What HAM did you choose?

Personally, I’d recommend choosing permanent (always hot) power to your HAM as its nice to be able to monitor frequency chatter for your group and others when stopped.

Access and wiring…
The Tesla head unit is definitely the most fiddly, but it might be a good opportinity to run permanent power to your ham main Unit…and also fiddle with Weboost wiring/power.

You also might discover significant spavmce in there tgat helps you plan the otger two more cleanly.

WeBoost… Never used one, so hopefully others chime in.

Getting ready for LCDC8 B team 😁
Got my GMRS license to have in addition to my ham license.
Ham: AF6CN
GMRS: WRQL227

Is there a way to see where we sit on the waiting list?? This would help a ton for planning and whether we cling to hope or not. Thanks!

Getting ready for LCDC8 B team 😁
Got my GMRS license to have in addition to my ham license.
Ham: AF6CN
GMRS: WRQL227
Hey B Team, think about staying through the following weekend and heading to Ouray. A few of us are doing that. Would be great to get an unofficial 200 group together.

Hey B Team, think about staying through the following weekend and heading to Ouray. A few of us are doing that. Would be great to get an unofficial 200 group together
Well try to talk the wife into it.. Would be an epic time.

A nice collection of projects there. :)Hmmm.

A few scattered thoughts..

HAM will be very useful on many trails for LCDC…
Make sure that one gets done and it will be nice—even thiugh not essential (handhelds HAM works pretty well too…just not as good at heavy obstruction…

What HAM did you choose?

Personally, I’d recommend choosing permanent (always hot) power to your HAM as its nice to be able to monitor frequency chatter for your group and others when stopped.

Access and wiring…
The Tesla head unit is definitely the most fiddly, but it might be a good opportinity to run permanent power to your ham main Unit…and also fiddle with Weboost wiring/power.

You also might discover significant spavmce in there tgat helps you plan the otger two more cleanly.

WeBoost… Never used one, so hopefully others chime in.
Thanks Markuson, the Tesla head unit gives me the most worry. Definitely the most fiddly. The chatter I was wanting is any LCDC post. I literally check Mudd a couple times a day hoping someone posted something on the LCDC thread. I may need to get out more…

Thanks Markuson, the Tesla head unit gives me the most worry. Definitely the most fiddly. The chatter I was wanting is any LCDC post. I literally check Mudd a couple times a day hoping someone posted something on the LCDC thread. I may need to get out more…

Ya… I’m sure we ALL need to get out more. 😂

Is there a way to see where we sit on the waiting list?? This would help a ton for planning and whether we cling to hope or not. Thanks!
Yeah. What he said😁

Second call for caravan from Dallas. Route is as follows, would enjoy having any others join along the way

Dallas
Wichita Falls
Amarillo
Trinidad
Walsenberg, from here cutting through Medano Pass and then taking 285 up to Fairplay and then 9 on to Breck.

Please let me know if you have any interest. Probably leaving Dallas on the 23rd, sleep over In Trinidad and then head in on Sunday.

Second call for caravan from Dallas. Route is as follows, would enjoy having any others join along the way

Dallas
Wichita Falls
Amarillo
Trinidad
Walsenberg, from here cutting through Medano Pass and then taking 285 up to Fairplay and then 9 on to Breck.

Please let me know if you have any interest. Probably leaving Dallas on the 23rd, sleep over In Trinidad and then head in on Sunday.

Next year!

Starting to finalize my route to Denver, from NJ. Brother is flying in, ill pick him up and we'll head to Breck. Looking like I'll straight shot it, possibly stopping at the Cosmosphere in Kansas if I take 70. Looks like I'll leave the 20th, Denver 23 or 24th and Breck later that day. Per the usual, seat of my pants should I see something neat en route.

We're waiting on some final decisions from the Leadville Ranger District. The person we're working with there has been OOO for weeks due to illness and we can't finalize the trail schedule until we get our letter from those folks.

On the personal front, we recently moved from downtown San Jose to the Santa Cruz Mountains after 6+ months of home searching and fairly complicated move in May. The net effect here is that I finally have some more time to focus on the final round of prep for the event.

We did plan our route to Breck. We're going to meander throughout the SW and Four Corners area hitting some hot springs and maybe some monsoons and hit up some our favorite haunts in AZ and NM.

We're waiting on some final decisions from the Leadville Ranger District. The person we're working with there has been OOO for weeks due to illness and we can't finalize the trail schedule until we get our letter from those folks.

On the personal front, we recently moved from downtown San Jose to the Santa Cruz Mountains after 6+ months of home searching and fairly complicated move in May. The net effect here is that I finally have some more time to focus on the final round of prep for the event.

We did plan our route to Breck. We're going to meander throughout the SW and Four Corners area hitting some hot springs and maybe some monsoons and hit up some our favorite haunts in AZ and NM.
It'll happen eventually. Or we'll all just show up and play dumb :-D

Congrats on the new abode. We moved a month before the Covid lockdowns started, which made for really good timing I suppose but trying to sell our old place during Covid was hugely stressful.

The funny thing is that I've been thinking a lot about LCDC lately and am so incredibly excited and ready to go, but trail selection has completely slipped my mind. Clearly, the people and event itself are what has me excited and not the trails themselves, which is a testament to the work you guys and your families put into this... and to the quality of people that I've been able to meet and get to know these past few years. Thank you for giving us something great to look forward to and congrats on the move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom