Events/Trails LCDC 7 - Summer 2021 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I suspect Cody and Cole are working on timing, permits, etc to ensure that when they announce the location will in fact be set. For instance if they were planning Ouray again they would probably want to avoid other major events like FJ Summit, and they'd likely want the USFS to confirm a permit before 100 of us book hotels and show up.

Hope to hear soon. Never been shy about my desire for it to be an annual thing in Ouray each year but not my event.

Hope to hear soon. Never been shy about my desire for it to be an annual thing in Ouray each year but not my event.
You could always arrange a smaller informal event..

We always try to do the Alpine Loop late July every year so hopefully the dates will coincide with this years event. That said, I am not a fan of large gatherings these days, probably a byproduct of being one of Uncle Sam's broken children, so I am not sure I'll jump at the idea of sitting in line for hours to run a pass, but I wouldn't mind meeting some like minded folks and checking out some Cruiser builds.

We always try to do the Alpine Loop late July every year so hopefully the dates will coincide with this years event. That said, I am not a fan of large gatherings these days, probably a byproduct of being one of Uncle Sam's broken children, so I am not sure I'll jump at the idea of sitting in line for hours to run a pass, but I wouldn't mind meeting some like minded folks and checking out some Cruiser builds.
That’s why I generally shoot for different time frames for my SW CO trips. Week after July 4th usually has the passes open, less traffic than the actual 4th, but before everyone bets their vacation plans on all the passes being open with late July/all of august.

Then, October up there the gravel is basically a ghost town. Yes colder at night, but the leaves turning means tons of people taking pictures out of their priuses on the paved roads but for the most part avoiding dirt like it’s quicksand. Save for the random person that drives theirs up to eureka on the battery because the engine has a hole in the oil pan.

That’s why I generally shoot for different time frames for my SW CO trips. Week after July 4th usually has the passes open, less traffic than the actual 4th, but before everyone bets their vacation plans on all the passes being open with late July/all of august.

Then, October up there the gravel is basically a ghost town. Yes colder at night, but the leaves turning means tons of people taking pictures out of their priuses on the paved roads but for the most part avoiding dirt like it’s quicksand. Save for the random person that drives theirs up to eureka on the battery because the engine has a hole in the oil pan.

If it's a mild snow year then you can bank on the passes being open earlier, that remains to be seen for this season.

If it's a mild snow year then you can bank on the passes being open earlier, that remains to be seen for this season.
Agreed. I just have to schedule all of my year’s summer vacation that January.. so things get a little more complicated.

Plus a snowboarding habit has me wanting big snow years too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom