LC200 - unknown Aftermarket part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi i am looking to purchase one lc200
Picture below cant figure out what it is for , not a standard factory part ? Anyone can provide any direction what this could be , i can ask dealer but just trying to determine myself rather than buying dealer story .
1931F518-427B-4BA2-90BF-7D7B0E736285.jpeg

definitely a trailer brake controller. looks like a tekonsha

So it was someone’s tow vehicle as people usually don’t install brake controllers if they don’t tow. Not necessary a bad thing for a used vehicle but it does make diff and transfer maintenance more important. It would be good to know the gear oil change history.

Those are not expensive but towing a camper or trailer with electric brakes requires one. Its a good thing to have

So it was someone’s tow vehicle as people usually don’t install brake controllers if they don’t tow. Not necessary a bad thing for a used vehicle but it does make diff and transfer maintenance more important. It would be good to know the gear oil change history.
This one has ~15k miles , serviced at dealership , should the gear oil have been changed at this mile? I do not have much knowledge on towing yet.

This one has ~15k miles , serviced at dealership , should the gear oil have been changed at this mile? I do not have much knowledge on towing yet.
15K miles, you should be good

Ha, 15k miles and towing. We probably know why they traded it in! The MPGs.

I regularly tow with mine and the MPGs do suck!!!

if it’s only 15k, I wouldn’t worry about the diffs. Make sure all the fluids are full and don’t smell burnt and have fun! 30k intervals on diff fluid IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom