LC100 in Moab (1 Viewer)

Guys,
This past week, I got a chance to stop by Moab on a motorcycle trip and we rented a Jeep Rubicon. It had MT tires and (maybe) a 2" lift if that. I don't know the stock ride height of a Rubicon but it wasn't on much of a lift and we were on stock rims with "normal" size MT tires aired to 26lbs or so.

My question to this forum, is a slightly modified LC100 (see my signature line) with Revo's capable of doing Hell's Revenge? There were a couple areas we didn't do in a rental Heep because of the risk to someone else's vehicle:

Didn't do:
-Hell's Gate (the west side of the trail north tip). We did the other cool loop up there
-Black Hole
-Escalator

Did the rest of the place with just a few pucker points because I am not used to it. I just follow the tracks because someone said we would make it, and we did. We also did Canyonlands which was less difficult for the Heep and was easy for a LC100.

Thoughts? It was a really awesome place!!!

spressomon

glutton
What do you mean by "normal" size tires?

Hell's Gate part of Hell's Revenge = No..but that's a side option trail anyway. If you have a trailer hitch you will slide on it in a few places...but that's OK. There are a couple optional harder lines that you should avoid...they will be easily apparent ;).

You may (or may not) scuff the bottom of your front bumper coming down off of a couple steeper ramps. Again there are alternate lines that will lessen the chance of front/rear rubbing.

And I can't think of anyplace where your running boards would be at risk on this trail...but that would be the only other possible contact point.

Some of the Heeps I saw out there at 33+ tires and the Rubicon had something closer to a OEM Stock tire size but I didn't read the size.

So, the approach could be tight, but what about the inclines? Some of the trail had us looking at G-d for quite a while as the front tires climbed up yet one more "stair" type bump. I live in FL so a parking lot bumper seems like a big deal. I just didn't know if the LC would be any less capable because of its dimensions or weight.

I saw a H1 with 10people in it touring around without issue so all this maybe my inexperience talking.

I can see the need to remove the running boards. The rental Heep bottomed on a couple things and it appeared to be higher than my LC100 (but again, I didn't measure anything).

Yep. Air down and you'll be fine. Your ARB might rub a place or two and you'll definitely drag the back end. If you want, do Fins first. It's like a junior Hells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom