LC Shrimp & Crab boil Oct 3-5 planning thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will be there Friday afternoon, and am bringing a turkey cooker with all of the baskets, a seine net, and several cast nets.
Also, a telescope if it is clear enough.

I can check the seafood markets here for oyster and blue prices.
Wasn't someone planning on bringing a bunch of steaks or something?
I will also try to round up some surf rods.

Jeremy...I can give you a place to drain your fryer oil!

This is going to be a great time!

there is a real butcher shop next door to this address.

Grayco - Lady's Island
136 Sea Island Parkway
Beaufort, SC 29907
T:1-843-521-8060

PS...I have a noise coming from my front end (My truck, that is...My noises mostly come from the rear!). Maybe we could do a small HAMOM to figure out what it is?

after some discussion with gundy...myself and my son jake are gonna plan to attend this event...we will be without a cruiser...we will be bringing 50 lbs of prime home grown kansas steaks to add to the cook out...its actually a trade for the 500lbs of shrimp my son will eat...we are members of tornado alley cruisers so it looks like we qualify to attend...we will probably end up joining UC....and heck may eventually move that direction...thanks gundy...and the rest of you UC members

osagecruiser

Found it. Anybody know if osage is still coming with his 50 pounds of Kansas steaks?

Went to the inlet today to get the fresh shrimp off the boat. They were just caught today, so they will be no older than the shrimp at the market by fri./sat. Usually the shrimp at the retail outfits are atleast 3 days old or older. The only way to guarantee they are fresh is to grab the boat as it pulls in from a days catch. This way we got bigger shrimp for the same price and saved paying tax. Plus we got 10 extra lbs. free. This is because they actually weigh it like they do at the market. They just fill up a basket and call 50, but it is usually 60-65.

Here are some pics of me hanging out at the docks while I waited for my buddy to get in.
Inlet.jpg
House.jpg
Shirley Jane.jpg

anyone going to be going through charleston on Thursday or that has not left yet and can meet me in North Chuck or Hanahan to pick up another box of goodies I got today from Tom Woods, Custom Drive Shafts shop?

I am leaving around 3pm to head to Charlotte area for weekend until Sunday when I head to Idaho......so if anyone can meet me between Leeds Ave and Hwy78 over to Weapons Station and Spruil it would be appreciated. If not then will keep the stuff until our next big meeting or event...or for the GSMTR this Spring.

I will check here and email in morning before I leave house...if no takers then going to haul ass and see you guys when I return. Have a great time....and lots of pics.

How big is the box Brock? I have kept adding more and more stuff to my load and I am not sure if it will fit. But I can try. If not, I will leave it at my office for the next event. You can meet me at Trident-Tech tomorrow. I will be in lab from 11:30-2:00 but I will be on campus from 8am to 5pm.

Jeremy

about 8 inches thick....2 feet long...and 18 inches tall...looks like a briefcase. It has tshirts, leather jacket, leather travel bag, hats, and flag/banner in it....if that makes you want to pick it up more for me. LOL

New kids

Hey Beauford , So how are the kids doing I haven't heard much, after there arrival. Good to see you on mud again. :D Hyjack over

Last edited:
Brock, what did they do about the 10 missing shirts? Is anybody going to be missing there shirt?

Jeremy

THey was me and I didn't have time to raise hell with them today. I will do that in the morning on my way. I don't think it should be a big issue since they are in CHarleston and those that don't get theirs can get them at the next meeting or we can ship them out. Pain in the ass but such is life.

Been a crazy day for me. I had to go get my daughter from my inlaws around lunch. Her temp was around 102. Brought her home and made sure she was taken care of. SInce then I have replaced the brakes on my wifes car, gone to the post office and mailed some cruiser parts to a guy in Germany. Got the oil and tranny fluids changed in her car. Cleaned the boat out. Made sure all the lights and electronics worked. Still have an issue with the overhead spot lights but brought stuff to fix them. They are a must when shrimping as they illuminate the boat and everything around it. My radio that took a crap on the last fishing trip decided to work now. Vhf works. GPS has me a little miffed. It's a Lowrance lcx15-mt. I lost the Mapcreate cds a couple years ago. So the maps only go as south as Charleston. But I guess all I need to know is where the landing is and how to get back. Would be nice to know where everything is. Boat actually cranked right up. Batteries are charging tonight. Cooler has all the drinks from the Annual still in it. It will have a couple cases of beer for deck hands to consume free of charge.

I know a lot of you would like to go out in the boat and go fishing or just get on the water and drink. What I ask is those of you who plan on fishing have a saltwater license. I'm gonna try and fish all day friday and all day sat. SO there should be plenty of time for everyone to fish on my boat or Jeremy's boat. I also am planning on an early morning Saturday shrimping run for those brave enough to so the madness. Takes about 4 people in my boat on to drive one to get the shrimp in the cooler and keeping the beers flowing and two to take turns throwing the net. It can get real tiring throwing it. But I guarantee it will be something you will remember the rest of your life. Those that want to fish just need to talk to me or Jeremy. Between the two of us we will try to work everyone in and try to spend some qaulity time with the family. If I'm not using the boat anyone who knows what they are doing is more than welcome to use it.

I have no idea what to fish for and don't know how to rig anything except for bottom fishing and flounder. I can catch me some flounder. Beaufort if you have any tips I'm all ears.

I plan on heading out around 10 so that should put me there around 3-4. I'll be Getting Becca into the condo and then coming over and checking in and setting up the canopy and getting camp ready tomorrow night.

If anyone needs to contact me for anything. Call me Marshall 864-414-0563

I will also have the First responders bag with me should anything happen. I will try to remember to leave it in camp.

If you have a lantern bring it.

We had a great time at the thang. Thanks LCC for putting it on, you've set a high bar for future events.

Great food. 3pits, dbenke and trollhole make quite a chuckwagon team. And not to forget Chuck's Ro-Tel.

Loved the venue. I'd been out on Hunting Island for a few hours about 15 years ago. One of my daughters grew up in Hilton Head and I was down for her graduation. It was great to recon the place. I'll definitely count it in my short list of places to spend more time at.

Jeri had a Wonderful time. She thanked me several times on the ride home for taking her. She loves the beach and we don't get down there often enough. On the way home she made it clear that after our Dalmatian retirement adventure when we come back stateside we will be locating on the coast. She enjoyed the ladies and kids and hopes to spend more time with club wives in the future.

The best part of the weekend for me (after the food, it was exceptional) was putting names and faces with screen names and getting to better know some folks I'd met briefly up this way. You'll know who you are. Also met some cool new LC folk. Looking forward to wheeling with my new friends in the future.

I love this club.

Hope I'll see you all at North Meets South.

Oh yeah. I even managed to get another character mark on Bonnie. Who'd believe I could get body damage on a non-wheeling UC event. Well I guess there are some of you that might not be as surprised as I was.

b

We had a great time. Great venue and even better people. The food was just the icing on the cake. Greg, I think you have convinced me a Troopy is in my future at some point. My starter gave up the ghost, but in true cruiser fashion a jump start and off we went. This club is becoming more than a group of people that are into our vehicles for me. I have met some really fine people and look to getting to know more of you. Thank you to all for putting up with my rugrats, they had a blast. We should start planning for next year as the cabins would be the way to go. Thanks to the Marshall as always for his tireless efforts to make these events run smooth. Bob the food was incredible. Bill it was good to see you again, hopefully I will see you and Jeri at the whee trip. It was good to meet the LCC fellas, David,David, David, David, Kevin et all ( I am so bad at names- although I like the name tag idea Kevin) Looking forward to more events. Hell I even got some body damage- leave it to me to back into a pine tree at non wheeling event. Pics to come later.

Boil an afterthought!!

Wow who do we start to thank it was a great time.:bounce::bounce::bounce: And two cruisers with body damage at a non wheeling event where there was almost no traffic. :mad::bang: Great time. Sand, Great food , those three should open a new restaurant( or just drop by bob's to hav e rotating cooks.) I know I would bust a driveshaft to get there to eat. :clap: Stars like wow!!:bounce: oh! and a dozen or so racoons, deer , she hawks, and crab, crab, crab's. Could not be better, but the LCLC will try for next year to be better than this, tall order hope Marshall will help as he seems to be so natural at geting things rolling. I was in a rush to get to work Sunday night and forgot my camera in Charleston, and I'm now in Columbia on night shift so pic's will be next week. LOL Doc

But the most thanks to us all who attended it's the people not just the cruisers that make the upstate,:steer::princess: LCLC what it is. My thanks to all my friends both those I know and have met, and those who I will meet at other meetings and events. This club and our addiction to the cruisers is as Marshall said a little bit of something for everyone. Even occasionally you get to see a large old bald dude sleeping on a table with a racoon trying to get his pillow!:D:cheers::beer::beer:

Hope everyone made it home safely. It was nice meeting you all! Can't wait till the next event!

No more upset stomach's on the way home I hope! Glad you brought the kids it was wonderful meeting them too!!:cheers:

Even occasionally you get to see a large old bald dude sleeping on a table with a racoon trying to get his pillow!:D:cheers::beer::beer:

Ahh yes. Good times. Sorry I didn't do a shot of shine with ya. Doc it was good hanging out with ya. As someone else told me this weekend you seem like a person that has thousands of stories to tell. Looking forward to the next time.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom