LC 200 Driver window sprinkler - weak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
Just got my 2008 LC200 few days ago and trying to fix all issues.
My driver side sprinkler is very very weak (hardly gets to the windscreen) while the passenger sprinkler is OK.
I've tried the following:
1) Gently use a needle on the sprinkler head
2) open the washer T-hose connector under the hood (near the driver side) and use compressed air to open it. also tried to use air from the sprinkler side.

no luck, very weak stream while the passenger side it good.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Aifer.

Just a quick thought……any leaks in the DS hose? I had a mouse chew through the DS hose on my 100 and it greatly reduced the flow.

Just a quick thought……any leaks in the DS hose? I had a mouse chew through the DS hose on my 100 and it greatly reduced the flow.
no leakages.
some folks told me to use a bit of vinegar in the water to try to open some blockages.
any idea?

Mine sprays all over the roof and both sides, almost like a car wash every time I wash the window. I'd like to do the opposite of what you're trying to do.

Toothpick to clean out corrosion? Would avoid anything metal. Vinegar sounds like a good idea too. Maybe white vinegar.

I had this exact issue. There is a Check Valve in between the left and right sides that goes bad. You should be able to find this locally and replace. Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance - https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwicx6eb5sr1AhUyGH0KHc8aAlcYABAHGgJwdg&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASE-RovdtOXWhjOqyH8bW1k1K77pE&sig=AOD64_1TrNTqDAN5wSX2tm6MzUsyv3eSFA&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiO25Cb5sr1AhUkFzQIHWh-BuwQ9aACegQIARBM&adurl=

Remove both wipers and carefully unclip all the plastic clips to remove the cowl cover. Then you'll see the check valve for replacement underneath.

Also note, I started with the washer nozzles, and flushing blasting with compressed air, etc. Only the check valve fixed it.

I had this exact issue. There is a Check Valve in between the left and right sides that goes bad. You should be able to find this locally and replace. Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance - https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwicx6eb5sr1AhUyGH0KHc8aAlcYABAHGgJwdg&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASE-RovdtOXWhjOqyH8bW1k1K77pE&sig=AOD64_1TrNTqDAN5wSX2tm6MzUsyv3eSFA&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiO25Cb5sr1AhUkFzQIHWh-BuwQ9aACegQIARBM&adurl=

Remove both wipers and carefully unclip all the plastic clips to remove the cowl cover. Then you'll see the check valve for replacement underneath.
got a new check valve.
any tips before I remove the cowl cover?
From what I noticed the clips are heading to the engine bay. are there any rear clips?
If you find any video that shows the removal of this cowl cover. please share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom