Landcruiser drives much better after it sits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Here is a typical weekend for me, I would take the car in morning, drive about 40 km smooth highway, then 5-10 km desert/beach, then fish for about 6 hours then I would drive back on the same path I came in from.
The strange thing is that desert drive when I am going fishing feels somewhat harsh and bumpy, but on the way back after I finish fishing it feels smooth and very nice. It's like I have a different suspension setup going-in vs going-out
I know the story is strange but it's so very true, it's noticeable difference that my passengers even notice. I am not a suspension expert but maybe someone has an idea what's going on. Something to do with oil and nitrogen bubbles? Maybe the tires? I don't know.

Car is LC200 without any metal bumpers or sliders as light as possible. Shocks are nitrocharger sport OME.
Front shocks are 90017
Front springs are 2702
Rear shocks are 61029
Rear springs are 2722

Is alcohol involved while fishing? :)

If you drive back over the tracks you made going in, then it'll typically be smoother.

cheers,
george.

Is alcohol involved while fishing? :)

If you drive back over the tracks you made going in, then it'll typically be smoother.

cheers,
george.
No substances involved at all. No tracks are made since it's not that soft (hard pack from people driving all the time). It's strange I know. I am sure it's not in my head because I always notice it and I keep my eye on the speedo to make sure I am going the same speed and I have the fishing rod inside the car vibrating and it vibrates less. :)

Direction can make a difference depending on the bumps created before. Corrugations can be somewhat direction dependent, like small waves. Why not try drive some of the road, then turn around and drive back a mile or so and see if it is just as bumpy or not - that will remove the 'time' difference from the equation.

cheers,
george.

Direction can make a difference depending on the bumps created before. Corrugations can be somewhat direction dependent, like small waves. Why not try drive some of the road, then turn around and drive back a mile or so and see if it is just as bumpy or not - that will remove the 'time' difference from the equation.

cheers,
george.
Great point, it could be that the little bumps/corrugation are shaped toward the beach because of sea breeze or something. I will try driving back and forth and test it. Thanks.

cheers,
george.
Hello, tried it today again. It's not the direction! and not the time of day either since I tried to go in afternoons too. This is very strange to me.

I found the reason why. It's tire pressure! I inflate my tires 35 PSI cold. When driving on the highway (especially UAE summer) the tire pressure goes up to 40+ PSI. This makes the corrugation feel harsher. When I park the car the tires have a chance to cool down so on the drive out the road feels much smoother. 5-6 PSI really does make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom