LandCruiser Diesel Importers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

I am a new member here and wanted to research a few landcruiser importers.

I am in the market for a 60/40 series diesel. After weeks of researching and sorting through countless amazing cruisers (the ones I can't afford but would love to have) and old/rusty over-priced rigs, I have narrowed my search to the a few more affordable options.

I don't know much about the reputation of these sellers and was wondering if I could get some feedback from folks on mud.....

1. Based out of costa rica. I don't know how they are finding these rigs in orginal condition but based on pictures they seem like a good deal. Any thoughts?

http://www.landcruiserimporter.com/

2. Imports from Japan...

http://landcruisersdirect.com/

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

You will find greats advices about importings a diesel Cruiser in the "diesel tech and 24V system" forum.

HTH

Thank you. I did read a few posts on importing.

My original post is to ask if anyone has had previous experience with the above importers and if folks have any feedback on them.

I don't know much about the reputation of these sellers and was wondering if I could get some feedback from folks on mud.....

1. Based out of costa rica. I don't know how they are finding these rigs in orginal condition but based on pictures they seem like a good deal. Any thoughts?

http://www.landcruiserimporter.com/

The diesel Land cruisers get 35mpg and has a top speed of 60mph.

The cruisers from 1975 and earlier had the stronger metal that never rusts, as well as the cool interior doors. This one is well priced below what it's worth.

I think they're lying. :eek:

There are a ton of importers, not many worth their weight. Greg Mushro-something-something is a great guy to work with / sacasm.

Where are you located?

In our neck of the woods, Tor of Torfab knows a lot about ransacking Canada for Diesel parts...

t

Have you tried searching the forum using the name of the importer as your keyword? If you go to "advanced search" you can cross-reference a number of subforums. Search for info on pretty much any LC importer you can find on the internet, shady-looking or no. (Don't forget in include the classifieds). That might bring up better results than waiting for people to chime in here. Over the years people have come and gone and you might get more info digging through past references. The guy that had a terrible experience with importer XYZ and posted in detail about it 5 years ago might be long gone...and blowing his money on a different obsession now.

Land Cruiser Direct is pretty reputable. They're based here in Utah, and I know that Kurt over at Cruiser Outfitters deals with them a lot and I would assume knows them very well. I've seen a few of their imported rigs in person and they were CLEAN!

CCCruisers in Los Angles is another importer. I've spoken with them a few times and they've always been low pressure and easy to deal with. They are on the web. The mostly get their rigs from Japan.

The problem with Central America importers is that there vehicles could have hard miles on them as work trucks on remote farms. Japanese vehicles certainly could have been used hard but not necessarily as they have many more paved roads.

I have a few pics of a cruiser. I'm not sure about its body rust. Will someone help me by looking at pics of its chassis?

I don't want to post the pics on a public forum. But I'd be happy to pm you if you won't mind looking at them.

I had a great experience with www.landcruisersdirect.com

Good inventory already here some on the way and awesome to deal with. He puts the price right on the website so you know where you are. No calling and guestimating. There are 3 people here in Utah that I am friends with that have purchased from Steve. Great Guy! He's even sold a couple to the Miller Heritage Museum.
I have a 1988 HJ61 JDM with 229,000 km on it runs great. I did the normal new car maintenance when it got here due to its age. Hoses, fluids, and the like.
RUns like a top! I've mildly built it.
OME Lift (Thanks Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters) 33x12.50's on the stock wheels. Lockrite rear, ARB front and sliders.

Like this I average 500-600 KM per fill up. I usually put 14-16 gallons in so that gives me (600x .62 = 372 miles x 1.1 tire size) 400 mile range. 25 MPG on average. Its no race car but its much faster than the 3fe.

Call Steve 801-376-3332 he's great to talk with and has cruisers here in the states with Missouri Titles and tags. Easy to register at the DMV legally!
20140329_102210.jpg 12-DSC06213 (1).jpg

Crawls like a beast too! Love the 12ht.
Feel free to Hit me up with questions!

I love that they have prices up. Every craigslist ad I come across from an importer without a price I always flag. Put up or shut up.

Now if we can find a source for LHD 70 or 61 or 81 variants, I'd start saving up.

I love that they have prices up. Every craigslist ad I come across from an importer without a price I always flag. Put up or shut up.

Now if we can find a source for LHD 70 or 61 or 81 variants, I'd start saving up.

No kidding. I'm actually a little shocked at how low they are. I always figured a 70 series was way outta my price range, but they are actually affordable! I don't see any tray backs though. Are those a rarer variation?

I'd think the pickup beds are more rare, especially a factory (non-mine) bed. 70s are only going to become more available and price competitive as the 25 year rule starts to include them. We're up to '89, which gets us into the start of troopies and tastie VX trim HJ61s. HZJ80s are on the horizon. ;)

Cant wait for the 80s....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom