Land Cruiser Heaven change? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

truthdetector

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi,

I'm at the point in my restoration where I'm ready to order replacement leather for 1st and 2nd row seats.

Based on forum threads, it sounds like LCH replacement leather is regarded as the highest quality.

It appears as though the original website is offline and other links point to lch4x4.com, which only lists resto services - no products.

Is the LCH leather kit NLA? If so, is there an updated consensus on the highest quality seat leather replacement kit?

I'm ready to do the same with my 40th two tone. Has anyone compared LCH vs. Mosley? Curious to see if there are any noticeable difference in quality and color matching?

I'm ready to do the same with my 40th two tone. Has anyone compared LCH vs. Mosley? Curious to see if there are any noticeable difference in quality and color matching?
Definitely a noticeable difference in reviews of the two businesses.

I kept my third row seats stock and the LCH covers are a slightly lighter shade of gray, but they look great with the stock carpet. Also I have drawers in the back so it’s a moot point.

Hmm.

I already pulled the trigger on the LCH set: 2 rows, front seat bottom foam, arm rests, center console, and seat heaters.

I guess I'll follow up in this thread with feedback on turnaround time and product quality.

Just got an email from LCH4x4 asking to confirm my order and also promising to provide me with an ETA. I'm taking it as a sign of good communication.

I also sent in my front seat belts for restoration and received an email from them this morning refunding an accidental double-charge for shipping and asking me for a tracking number. Also good.

I like email comms from vendors.

Interestingly, the individual's email signature still has landcruiserheaven.com in it, which initially was pointing to a black hole, but I just found that it now (eventually) redirects to lch4x4.com. Hence my original query in this thread.

LCH leather kit, front seat bottoms, and front seat heater kit arrived today. The quality of the leather and stitching appear to be good.

I'm starting with the 2nd row seats. Once I get one of them re-covered, I'll take some detailed pics including side-by-side old vs. new.

LCH leather kit, front seat bottoms, and front seat heater kit arrived today. The quality of the leather and stitching appear to be good.

I'm starting with the 2nd row seats. Once I get one of them re-covered, I'll take some detailed pics including side-by-side old vs. new.
I’m curious to know how you wire up the heaters, so I’ll be following along. I have the pads installed but haven’t figured out how to connect them to the factory harnesses.

I’m curious to know how you wire up the heaters, so I’ll be following along. I have the pads installed but haven’t figured out how to connect them to the factory harnesses.

Might be a while before I get to that point, but I will definitely update this thread when I do. The heater kit comes with its own heater control switches, but I plan to source some OEM switches and wire the kit up to those. I've seen threads where people have done something similar and will be referencing those for my install.

Installed a headrest cover. Pics to show leather texture difference and very slight lighter color. I'm OK with both.

IMG_0867.jpeg
IMG_0868.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom