Land Cruiser Grilles - headlight conversions and grilles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My pigtails are included so you can install relays without cutting into the factory wires, but buyers need to figure out the wiring themselves. Its been tough for some, probably most, and it would be nice to point everyone in the direction of a functional "plug and play" harness.

I'd bet, (not a big bet mind you), that the 7" lights in my 40 from Cityracer would work.

The Rigid lights are more refined, but they're 6½ times the cost. He's got a set for the 60 series that comes with some inline relay voodoo.

That relay kit that I posted, is super easy to de-pin the connectors and shuffle the wires around.

I'd bet, (not a big bet mind you), that the 7" lights in my 40 from Cityracer would work.

The Rigid lights are more refined, but they're 6½ times the cost. He's got a set for the 60 series that comes with some inline relay voodoo.
I was checking those out today. I'm wondering if that's all I'll need?

I was checking those out today. I'm wondering if that's all I'll need?

Might be worth a call or email. I don't know how different Toyota has done things over the years. Once a manufacturer finds something that works, they tend not to stray.

Being back to back models, I'd say there's a good chance?

Here's how I did my horn mount

20240302_171319.jpg

Here's how I did my horn mount

View attachment 3571781
That's what I was intending to do, but my mount has that vertical part on the right side as you look at it. Yours is on the left...the same way it is in the directions. Yours looks to be welded while mine is bent to shape. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I have some light on it to compare.

That's what I was intending to do, but my mount has that vertical part on the right side as you look at it. Yours is on the left...the same way it is in the directions. Yours looks to be welded while mine is bent to shape. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I have some light on it to compare.

I think I had to rotate one of the horns around. I don't remember for certain.

If something was welded, I didn't do it, but my 80 has been molested plenty

I think I had to rotate one of the horns around. I don't remember for certain.

If something was welded, I didn't do it, but my 80 has been molested plenty
I meant the vertical part of the bracket is welded. You'll see what I mean when I post a picture of it.

I meant the vertical part of the bracket is welded. You'll see what I mean when I post a picture of it.
Pretty sure I'm tracking what you're saying.

I'd probably just blast a rivnut into the radiator support and stack up a couple of washers or make a ⅛" spacer to clear the lip so they can hang vertically.

I don't know how much clearance there is behind there either. The condenser might be tucked up pretty good.

This is what I have. You can see how the vertical part is opposite of others.

IMG_1183.jpeg

IMG_1182.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom