Land Cruiser Grilles - headlight conversions and grilles (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet grills and housing for round headlights. Any thoughts on expanding the product line for the 200 series?
I have a grille for the early 200, and I made headlight housing also. I need to finish the corner marker on the 200 for the housings to be complete, but don't have a test fit vehicle anymore. I won't be making anything for the late 200 though.

I have a grille for the early 200, and I made headlight housing also. I need to finish the corner marker on the 200 for the housings to be complete, but don't have a test fit vehicle anymore. I won't be making anything for the late 200 though.
By early 200, do you mean 2008-2015 ?

By early 200, do you mean 2008-2015 ?
Yes 2008- whatever that year is when it changed. I can't remember now because it's been like 4 years since i touched that stuff.

Yes 2008- whatever that year is when it changed. I can't remember now because it's been like 4 years since i touched that stuff.
Cool. Let us know. I am sure there'll be a demand for them in the 200 series community. Have a fantastic weekend.

Just so you know...I'm in on an '02LX470 set up if you want to go down that path again!
I'm down for the LX470, but it depends on what grille you will be making and what the headlights look like.
I'm down for the LX470, but it depends on what grille you will be making and what the headlights look like.
Trying to round up 6 buyers for the 470 grille and headlight kit @ $1250 per kit. Anyone interested let me know.

Running Kelly’s offerings into my build has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in my build. Not just aesthetically, in my overall light function as well.

Apart from that, I legit feel good every time that I look at my grille situation and the headlight conversion really makes my truck look the way I wanted.

I cannot say enough good things about the quality of build and fitment and overall satisfaction I have from making this decision.

Kelly doesn’t give me anything or ask me to drop pics or anything; but this seemed like a good place to drop 2¢. Super satisfied and proud to have this dudes wares on my tank.

IMG_8268.jpeg

Ooohhhh...I never thought about a light bar, I have 2x 6" holes in my version, I may have to order a slotted one...

Running Kelly’s offerings into my build has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in my build. Not just aesthetically, in my overall light function as well.

Apart from that, I legit feel good every time that I look at my grille situation and the headlight conversion really makes my truck look the way I wanted.

I cannot say enough good things about the quality of build and fitment and overall satisfaction I have from making this decision.

Kelly doesn’t give me anything or ask me to drop pics or anything; but this seemed like a good place to drop 2¢. Super satisfied and proud to have this dudes wares on my tank.

View attachment 3413438
Thank you! I appreciate the comments.

I ordered a grill and set of headlight buckets earlier today for my 80.

Think I can get away without test mounting?

Thanksgiving week, I'm driving 2800 miles round trip to south Florida from Minnesota. A previous owner put a crappy set of eBay headlights in. They're miswired, the lenses are garbage. So I'm on a bit of a time crunch and I'd like to just get it painted while I deal with other issues.

I also have to go through the front axle, put a radio in, wire in a resistor in the post cat O² sensor, and chase down a (I think) ground issue on a water temp sensor, AND mount new tires. Plus I made the mistake of dropping the wheels off for powdercoat last week.
I misplaced my helmet, and I'm a full blown I'm a retard. 😆

Well if you have had front end damage you might need to test fit, However mine just fit. He does leave some slits in some of the bolt holes to adjust for the years of settling your vehicle may have experienced.

I ordered a grill and set of headlight buckets earlier today for my 80.

Think I can get away without test mounting?

Thanksgiving week, I'm driving 2800 miles round trip to south Florida from Minnesota. A previous owner put a crappy set of eBay headlights in. They're miswired, the lenses are garbage. So I'm on a bit of a time crunch and I'd like to just get it painted while I deal with other issues.

I also have to go through the front axle, put a radio in, wire in a resistor in the post cat O² sensor, and chase down a (I think) ground issue on a water temp sensor, AND mount new tires. Plus I made the mistake of dropping the wheels off for powdercoat last week.
I misplaced my helmet, and I'm a full blown I'm a retard. 😆
Lol. You might want to have a priority list? Tires, axle... somewhat critical? Working headlights... critical at night? Water temp sensor...maybe important if it's F'ing up fuel/ignition? Radio...bring a Bluetooth speaker?

Well if you have had front end damage you might need to test fit, However mine just fit. He does leave some slits in some of the bolt holes to adjust for the years of settling your vehicle may have experienced.

It has a salvage title, but I think something happened in the passenger side rear. Not certain, but I think so.

Lol. You might want to have a priority list? Tires, axle... somewhat critical? Working headlights... critical at night? Water temp sensor...maybe important if it's F'ing up fuel/ignition? Radio...bring a Bluetooth speaker?

Front axle is the priority. Everything else is just putsy stuff, and codes can be cleared on the fly. I used to have five regular codes, down to those two. The headlights are just terrible though. I haven't been driving it much, so the radio really hasn't been much of an issue, but this trip it will be a necessity for me.

Finally opened the box. Looks sweet. Dropped it off for paint earlier today.

View attachment 3494364

Drove home in rain, slush, then snow. The eBay LED headlights froze over and couldn't see. Joy.... Went with the Rigid round lights with the heated lense. I hope I don't hate them.
I have those headlights and had them in RI for a couple winters. They are fantastic when the need is there, and bright the rest of the time.

I have those headlights and had them in RI for a couple winters. They are fantastic when the need is there, and bright the rest of the time.
My 40 has a few sets of Rigid lights. I'm happy with all of them. The ones for the 80 were so expensive, but of the performance is there, I don't really care.

Went easily enough, despite being a moron. I struggled to find the instruction online. After that, pretty pictures made it easier.

Toyota fork truck made pulling the front bumper a little easier.

20231217_092105.jpg

20231217_093326.jpg

Bolted everything up. Alignment was decent, I spent maybe an hour nudging things around to get the margins reasonably good.

20231217_114245.jpg

20231217_114252.jpg

20231217_115157.jpg

I'm still a little tight to the hood. I was sick of monkeying with it today, so I called it good enough for now.

20231217_141055.jpg

Mounted the front bumper back up. I knew I was going to have some issues with the winch. It was touching the grill before. I don't know if it's the my mounting, or the placement of the winch, or both, but I couldn't slide it forward any more to clear the grill. I put a couple of washers under the back of the winch to tile it forward, but I'm going to have to lift up the winch a little and clearance those holes some more and slip it forward a bit more.

20231217_141046.jpg

Looks tits. Honestly it looks better installed than I thought it would.

20231217_141059.jpg

20231217_143900.jpg

I haven't driven it in the dark yet. Getting a decent headlight, and replacing a cracked up factory grill were the main reasons for doing this. I did open the garage door after it got dark, and I was content with what I saw.

Nice work Kelly, everything fit well, it's well thought out, and it's SOLID with everything bolted up. There was a little bend in the inner grill in shipping, but it was easy to straighten out. The dude that painted it was impressed with what he saw as well.

20231217_131833.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom