Lake George and VT Trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Every year, my girlfriend's family and friends get together for a long weekend in August to camp at Lake George. I am looking to see if I can hit some trails this year, but am having trouble finding them. Only one I have found so far is Prospect Mountain, which looks like a quick fun ride. Can anyone clue me in on any trails within an hour or two of Hague, NY?

It has been years since we wheeled in the Adirondacks but this was a fun trail:

Tolemantown Rd, Mayfield, New York 12117

But it is a little over 2 hrs away.

As for VT, other than some dirt roads in the National Forest, there is a quarry trail near East Dorset VT, also a bit over a 2 hr drive.

Dorset Cave or Quarry Trail

Dorset Hill Road:

Look for the sign:

It is a dirt road.

There was a road that @kasassy and I started down yesterday but I worried we didn't have enough time and I was worried about Kassy's Taco.

Braintree Gap (Twp. Hwy. 10 to Hwy. 9 then return Braintree Mountain Road).

I want to go back this fall, camp in the NF, and devote a day to exploring it. It looks fun and I love this neck of the woods. Anybody familiar with it?
IMG_20190721_192055597.jpg

There was a road that @kasassy and I started down yesterday but I worried we didn't have enough time and I was worried about Kassy's Taco.

Braintree Gap (Twp. Hwy. 10 to Hwy. 9 then return Braintree Mountain Road).

I want to go back this fall, camp in the NF, and devote a day to exploring it. It looks fun and I love this neck of the woods. Anybody familiar with it?
View attachment 2035839
[/QUOTE

Thank you for sharing this! Heading up to Lake George in two weeks for some weekend camping. Going to start doing some more research and definitely going to hit this trail.

Thank you for sharing this! Heading up to Lake George in two weeks for some weekend camping. Going to start doing some more research and definitely going to hit this trail.

We are headed up tomorrow island camping from our kayaks on LG, but right after that headed to Maine so no time to explore VT this time. Hopefully in September...

Let us know what you find!

I forgot to say what we discovered up there. Kassy and I camped in the NF last month...
IMG_20190927_160812.jpg
IMG_20190927_173716.jpg
IMG_20190928_063913.jpg
IMG_20190927_160606.jpg

Then we ran much of Braintree Mountain Road. It was a fun road. We aired down but it was not difficult. A road that you could do without armor as long as pinstripes don't bother you. @kasassy and I are thinking of taking a group of guys up there next year and doing the same thing: camping in the NF (which is 100% primitive and has some large camps in grassy fields with spectacular mountain views) then heading over to do that road and maybe a couple others. You could easily spend all day exploring them.
IMG_20190928_144403.jpg
IMG_20190928_153731.jpg
MVIMG_20190928_152735.jpg
IMG_20190928_144448.jpg
IMG_20190928_154701.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom