Ladder? Who needs one of those? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Received my Moki Door Step today, and it is just perfect for the LC200. Very secure and stable. Would have been nice to have 2 more inches of length for my feet, but I can still get both of my feet on it.

I had been thinking about a ladder, but with this, I've definitely decided against one. Simply no need anymore.

Highly recommend this product!

20210118_164840[1].jpg

20210118_164443[1].jpg

That looks like a great product! Any idea what the weight rating is?

Received my Moki Door Step today, and it is just perfect for the LC200. Very secure and stable. Would have been nice to have 2 more inches of length for my feet, but I can still get both of my feet on it.

I had been thinking about a ladder, but with this, I've definitely decided against one. Simply no need anymore.

Highly recommend this product!

View attachment 2557415

View attachment 2557416
Ladders, We don't need no stinkin' ladders!

Saw way too many reviews with dents to get one. From the pictures, it looks like it may make a dent on the curve above the wheel well. Let us know how it works out over time.

Not sure I’d want that due to metal fatigue/stress cracking. You are putting that latch connection in complete tension which it’s really not designed to be in. Those screws are only in slightly reinforced sheet metal.

Not sure I’d want that due to metal fatigue/stress cracking. You are putting that latch connection in complete tension which it’s really not designed to be in. Those screws are only in slightly reinforced sheet metal.
I'm not an engineer, but I don't feel myself stressing the metal in any way. The load is nicely distributed between the hook and the pressure point. But I wouldn't jump up and down on it.

I step on the running board (slider in my case), then onto the rear tire. Nearly the same height as this, but no extra bits to carry. I do it a lot when tying my kayaks up top.

I'd still like a ladder for the occasion when I get *on* the roof. I can boost myself from the tire up, but it's harder than getting out of a swimming pool and it's not pretty to watch. I actually dislike getting down more since I can't see my feet and have to feel around.

I stand on top of the rear tire. Just sayin...

I'm not an engineer, but I don't feel myself stressing the metal in any way. The load is nicely distributed between the hook and the pressure point. But I wouldn't jump up and down on it.
It’s not evenly distributed. You are creating a lever with a compression, tension, and moment arm on something was only designed to keep the door closed.

You may not feel it stressing the metal but that does not mean you’re not exceeding the design capabilities of that latch. Over time stress cracks may occur as well as elastic and plastic deformation.

My $.02.

Recovering mechanical engineer.

It’s not evenly distributed. You are creating a lever with a compression, tension, and moment arm on something was only designed to keep the door closed.

You may not feel it stressing the metal but that does not mean you’re not exceeding the design capabilities of that latch. Over time stress cracks may occur as well as elastic and plastic deformation.

My $.02.

Recovering mechanical engineer.

Can the door latch support a person without breaking?​

Absolutely. Per the Society of Automotive Engineers ("SAE") Document J839B: Passenger Car Side Door Latch System - Every vehicle door latch must be able to withstand a vertical force of 2500 pounds and a horizontal force of 2000 pounds without failure. Therefore, the Moki Door Step is guaranteed to support the weight of a person many times over.

Rightline Gear Moki Door Step | Frequently Asked Questions - https://www.mokidoorstep.com/pages/faq

Sure as the white paint on a Chevy Astro van will peel... I would slam my door on that gadget. I occasionally need a ladder for work as well as roof rack access. I found this cool (somewhat expensive) ladder that lives in my cruiser. Folds flat, fits on the drawers and sturdy AF.. I haven’t broken it or fallen off yet!

Amazon product ASIN B07D3S1897
594378FB-44C9-4768-801B-F150756AA92E.jpeg

88E96A78-F750-4313-BA87-95ACB154A89C.jpeg

24B36406-CA86-491F-847F-D97F8FF5983B.jpeg

B5F219A6-74DF-429E-A20F-E77753280123.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom