Ladder? Who needs one of those? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure as the white paint on a Chevy Astro van will peel... I would slam my door on that gadget. I occasionally need a ladder for work as well as roof rack access. I found this cool (somewhat expensive) ladder that lives in my cruiser. Folds flat, fits on the drawers and sturdy AF.. I haven’t broken it or fallen off yet!

Amazon product ASIN B07D3S1897
View attachment 2557689

View attachment 2557691

View attachment 2557692

View attachment 2557694
I am going to buy one of those "for the kitchen" immediately.

Sure as the white paint on a Chevy Astro van will peel... I would slam my door on that gadget. I occasionally need a ladder for work as well as roof rack access. I found this cool (somewhat expensive) ladder that lives in my cruiser. Folds flat, fits on the drawers and sturdy AF.. I haven’t broken it or fallen off yet!

View attachment 2557689

View attachment 2557691

View attachment 2557692

View attachment 2557694
Link please or Mfgr? Thx

View attachment 2557689

I actually have this ladder in my kitchen! It's great!

I bought a cheap expandable ladder that I leave in the back. doesn’t take up too much space.

while I was able to use a side step and tire to get on top of the truck...getting down gracefully is difficult.

plus, with a roof top tent, getting up from the tire becomes very awkward.

WolfWise 8.5FT Aluminum Telescoping Ladder, Collapsible Extension Ladder, 330lbs Max Capacity Amazon product ASIN B07LFB6X5D

Polisport 8981500007 Black Motorcycle Stand

I am also a fan of the step stool approach, and have found this to be super compact and invaluable getting into my roof top ski box in the winter or when washing and drying the roof. It folds so flat that it stores nicely under bags or luggage on trips.

Full disclosure; I am 6’2”; it gives just enough height for me to give me that access, and I still need to use the top of the rear tire to really dig deep in the ski box. The height when deployed is 17”.

Last edited:
I think the folding step stools seem best - and you can always go up higher by stepping onto the tire. I've also flipped the back seats down and put a foot on the back of the seat.

Here's what the back side of that door latch looks like.

IMAG5008.jpg

IMAG5007.jpg

Interesting product. Thanks to the OP for posting. I know how Rigger is, he'd slam it in the door the first time out.

If anyone is looking for other options, this step has been working great in my 100 series. The door trim profile would have to be changed to fit the 200 series door but that should be easy enough to do. One foot on the rear tire then one foot on the step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom