Ko84???????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sheldon might correct me on this but yes it can be done.
you need a long spline axle for the actuator side of the locker and you will need to grind the diff housing a bit to fit and allow movement of the actuator...
cheers

Thanks a lot Wayne!

Any idea on where i can get cheap ones? Are the parts cheaper in Japan? I know in the states parts are nearly half price compared to france (the 80's electric locking diff can be had over there for 750/1000$ and over here for about 1800€) Would theses be cheaper than the electric ones? I know many many questions!

Thanks a lot again and best regards.

Max.

Yes, it is possible and I have done it with and without the housing notch. You don't really have to notch the housing unless you're anal retentive like me. To grind a notch on the housing you have to pretty much remove the housing because you don't want all that metal dust in your diff. The actuator movement is not impeded in any way without the notch.

BTW, if you have a K084 there is a good chance it will be out of a 60 or 70. The 80's have the K294. Cheap front long splined axles are from CV Unlimited in the US, but to ship it to France you might as well as buy an OEM unit. Rears only OEM AFAIK.

Dave

when all is said and done the import of cable locking axles is not what I would call "cheap". if it was me I would go with an ARB in the back, and the original LSD in front.

Oh, like I said before, look in the Scandinavian countries for used cable locking axles. Most 80 landcruisers in the UK have electric lockers too.

Dave

Ok Cool guys, thanks a lot for the good infos! Keep em comming. Scandinavian????? I already strugle with german and italian, so far i'm not too bad with english thought.

Best regards.

Max.

Hi everybody!

If anyone knows, could you tell me the part number for the whole diff carrier complete with the locker, actuating mechanism etc? Same for the 80 series electric one so i can compare.

Thanks a lot guys!

Best regards.

Max.

Putting Toyota electric lockers in 60 series is very common in the states you can use the rear e-lockers from an 80 series and get the longer splined axle (actually sold somewhere in US so probaby over there as well). I company out here is the US is not selling the cable conversion for the 80 series e-lockers I want to say it is downey but maybe someone can correct me here.

Good Luck,

Michael

You need a full floater to put the e locker in right?

Yes that is correct, I think that is also true for the Cable lockers as well. Come to think of it, for anything more than open (factory toyota that is) you will need the FF axle.

Cheers,

Michael

Deny said:
You need a full floater to put the e locker in right?

Satamax said:
Hi everybody!

If anyone knows, could you tell me the part number for the whole diff carrier complete with the locker, actuating mechanism etc? Same for the 80 series electric one so i can compare.

Hey Max, a few years back I priced both the cable locking third, and the electric locking unit, they were about the same at 1600-ish. the matching long-splined axle was 250/ 300 IIRC. I don't have the P/N handy though.

At least you can walk into your dealer and walk out with one ;)

Dave

The electric locker you can, but not the cable locker. Not easily at least ;)

Dave

didnt the sahara in the 60 come with cable lockers? anyway get the arb air lockers if got cable ones and would rather have air

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom