KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For FJ Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruzerDave

Land Shark Outfitters
Threads
Website
landsharkoutfitters.com
A quick headsup that I am finally releasing KISS Drawers for the FJ Cruiser:

KISS-FJ-proto03.jpg

kiss-fj-proto.png

The above truck is a friend at work who has been relentless in getting me to build for the FJ, and we are in final production tweaks now.

I don't have the model-specific details like dimensions and volume up on the website yet, but if you want to learn about the features of the KISS Drawers:

For a gallery of installs, info, and faq of the drawers see the website:
Land Shark Outfitters

For info on 100 series install questions and applications:
Keep It Simple Storage (KISS) Drawers

For info on 80 series install questions and applications:
Keep It Simple Storage Drawers now for 80s

Some notes:
- Height is set to be flush with the sides
- Side wing add-ons coming soon (open to ideas/needs)
- Sleeping platform add-on also coming soon
- Gap on the left is for the drawer to open without hitting the rear cargo nets, and allow access to the storage cubby
- Price is $499 pick up in Bend, Oregon, or +$99 shipped via FedEx Ground
- These will ship in the next batch in July

Happy to answer any questions!

Full beta unit installed and off for a week of field testing!

KISS-FJ-Beta1.PNG

The extra holes in the drawer fronts are from tweaking the drawer widths, and the extra strip of wood on top is to get the top depth to where we wanted it - both are being modified in the second beta being cut tomorrow.

And I was asked about anchoring: we're bolting into the D-ring holes in the front, and re-using those d-rings with a turnbuckle in the rear:
KISS-FJ-rear support.PNG

Man, I can't wait for this! Have to save up some money for two, one for my FJ and one for my 100. Just spent all my budget for the coming Ouray trip.

Well you have a little time, the next run of drawers isn't until end September ;)

Only tweak from the field test was to increase the length of the drawer by 1/4" to accommodate (4) 50 cal cases instead of 3. Getting some pics to share next day or so.

For those with the inverter on the passenger side, the frame was designed to not obstruct access to it so you can either:

a) run flat extension cables like these up from the plug to above the drawers:
Amazon.com: 12" Extension Cord with Flat Rotating Plug: Home Audio & Theater
21cZWNTVyjL.jpg

b) wait for the side wings to come out, in which we will accommodate relocating that panel entirely up into the wing.

Had my KISS drawers for a few weeks now after driving down to lovely Bend to pick them up.

I am beyond impressed with how solid they turned out to be. My rig tidiness went from insanity to being absolutely top form.

Once I have them painted and looking pretty I'll post some pics :bounce:

Had my KISS drawers for a few weeks now after driving down to lovely Bend to pick them up.

I am beyond impressed with how solid they turned out to be. My rig tidiness went from insanity to being absolutely top form.

Once I have them painted and looking pretty I'll post some pics :bounce:
Great to hear @mattv94, can't wait to see the pics!

upload_2017-10-26_12-2-18.jpeg

After a year of far more success and fantastic customer feedback & support than I would have ever believed possible, here I am still selling drawers. I gotta say, I did NOT see that coming when I hit [POST] back in August, 2016...

BUT, the news today is this:
with a year of data to rely on I am now transitioning from batch-based manufacturing of KISS Drawers to a traditional business model. Order online through a proper shopping cart, and drawers ship to you in 2-4 weeks. Note that right now the store says 4-6 weeks, but that is to accommodate unplanned hiccups as I and my suppliers iron out any wrinkles in the new system, not what I really expect to need. This will provide customers their drawers sooner, relieve stress in my supply chain, and <hopefully> smooth out this whole roller coaster ride.

Now that I have a proper shopping cart, the Chum Buckets are also for sale (Chum Chili Dog, Chum Dog, & Chum Fries, with others coming soon),

chum-all-350.jpg

as well as the Shark Bite and a sticker that adds 1-2" of ground-clearance*.

And my apologies to those following and asking about Remora - it took a back seat to the e-commerce system and bags, but with those coming online it will now get some love and you can expect it for sale soon.

Time to start making your Christmas lists, and thank you to this great community!

*adds ground clearance through the same technology used by racing stripes to add hp - your results may vary

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom