King + OME Rear Sprngs or Stock Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK so when I first put the King front coil-overs and rear bypass shocks I thought the rear might’ve sat too low when I had the front crank up a full 3 inches.

So I went to OME me springs and a half inch spacer. That proved to be a way too much rake. The truck would look even more ridiculous under braking. Apparently OME severely under rates how much higher the springs are. So I had to decide whether to:

1) Keep OME springs as just remove spacer. This might still be too raked and also the springs are a bit more hash.

2) keep the spacer and put back on factory springs. This would be very close to level and would also have a better ride. But I was a little concerned the rear could end up too low.

Below is how it turned out. What do you think?

With rear OME springs and spacer.

75DFCEC4-D783-45E3-8620-9B4986AE2250.jpeg

0369134D-564D-4FAA-92B8-AD22720AAA39.jpeg

With factory springs and spacer. Sure I may miss seeing the remote reservoir in the rear but this looks more balanced no? Before it looked like it was on stilts from the rear!

BEC9AFDE-C2AA-4815-9E56-A3371B170936.jpeg

2ED4E60E-1AED-4F77-B60B-B001F2446245.jpeg

74B32866-0530-4D54-9388-E1ABBCBACF90.jpeg

7AC14B66-A95F-44C8-A9C1-AEFFAD1378B8.jpeg

what springs were you running in the rear?
2721 are progressive and should settle nicely and be pretty level with 2.5" lift in the front

Having some rake in an unladen LC is completely normal and even helpful. If you raise the front too much, down-travel becomes too shallow.

Raising the rear is great if its to compensate for load, or tighten up handling with stronger springs under heavier load, etc. But artificially raising the rear just means you're more prone to roll-over, with no real benefits in return. If you adjust for the ride and load-bearing, the "lift" will happen as a result anyway. I do think the 2721's are just about unbeatable for stock weight with a couple inches+ of lift, without being overly stiff. Handling will improve big time over stock too.

For my heavy rig, 2724 springs (2723 is "heavy" so 24's are like "heavy+") was selected due to weight and preferred handling. Maybe determine what ride & weight handling you're looking for first...and let lift happen naturally as a result. When you find the ride quality/handling you're after, the lift will naturally determine itself.

And I agree that ARB UNDER-predicts lift. My theory is it has to do with Australia's strict lift laws...so they fudge the numbers downward. Don't know if that's why, but they do tend to be more lift than their docs suggest.

Last edited:
I think it looks the best with factory springs and spacer. But how does it drive? that is the more important question. I personally went with kings front and rear with stock springs (no spacer). Although I left my front coilovers at 1.5 inch lift. My cruiser is about .5 inch taller in the rear. looks and performs great. one day I have a custom spring made that is slightly stiffer but doesn't lift the rear any taller.

I think it looks the best with factory springs and spacer. But how does it drive? that is the more important question. I personally went with kings front and rear with stock springs (no spacer). Although I left my front coilovers at 1.5 inch lift. My cruiser is about .5 inch taller in the rear. looks and performs great. one day I have a custom spring made that is slightly stiffer but doesn't lift the rear any taller.

I think I am in agreement. Hopefully it doesn’t settle any more. Otherwise the mid ground is to put OME springs back on without spacers.

It will settle with use. If you want to speed the settling process then evenly place a couple hundred pounds in the rear and DD it for a while or just be patient. Nice looking truck!

It will settle with use. If you want to speed the settling process then evenly place a couple hundred pounds in the rear and DD it for a while or just be patient. Nice looking truck!

I actually DON'T want it to settle more as it is almost too low in rear now. Will prob put OME rear springs back without the spacer. I knew this could be trial and error to find the right height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom