Kinda Broken down in Alpine TX (1 Viewer)

I was on the way north from Big Bend on a nice gravel road that paralled 67 when my brakes went tit's up and a sneaky cattle guard caused my rancho shock to get pretzled. I'm sitting here now in Alpine waiting on a generic NAPA shock and a new master cylinder to hopefully fix my brake and shock issue. A nice shop here has let me sit out front and guided me through the repairs, but he has never worked on a cruiser before and I'm only a bit less green. Was wondering if anyone if anyone in the area has a spare MC or some 60020 OMEs they would be willing to part with. Any guidance would be appreciated as well.

Low, cushy brake pedal engaging 50-60% before bottoming out. Bleeding helped, but not 100%. very little flow in the back, only when pumping does it flow. Fluid was tough.....

I had to Google Alpine TX. Never heard of it, it is about 8 hours from Dallas. I hope you get back up and running quickly. Are you planning on posting trip pics? Would love to see where you were wheeling at.

I had to Google Alpine TX. Never heard of it, it is about 8 hours from Dallas. I hope you get back up and running quickly. Are you planning on posting trip pics? Would love to see where you were wheeling at.

I don't really post trip picts as i do this full time. I dont wheel per say, but do more wildland traveling. You can check out our page in the sig for an idea of what we do. Behind on recent shots due to no decent wifi recently. Essentially did river road then followed the border to just shy of rt67 where a dirt road runs up to the park.

I was thinking about your rear brake issue, I wonder if the damage affected the load sensing proportioning valve which regulates the amount of rear braking pressure? I noticed from your pictures that your parked in front of Alpine auto Maintenance, Wes H. Is an old friend and very competent mechanic so your in good hands.

I was thinking about your rear brake issue, I wonder if the damage affected the load sensing proportioning valve which regulates the amount of rear braking pressure? I noticed from your pictures that your parked in front of Alpine auto Maintenance, Wes H. Is an old friend and very competent mechanic so your in good hands.

He is a very good man, and his generosity will not be forgotten. We are up and running replaced the MC. I lost one of his wrenches, just bought him a top of the line NAPA replacement. Just waiting for him to get back from lunch so I can give it to him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom