Kinda Broken down in Alpine TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nextgenoverland.com
I was on the way north from Big Bend on a nice gravel road that paralled 67 when my brakes went tit's up and a sneaky cattle guard caused my rancho shock to get pretzled. I'm sitting here now in Alpine waiting on a generic NAPA shock and a new master cylinder to hopefully fix my brake and shock issue. A nice shop here has let me sit out front and guided me through the repairs, but he has never worked on a cruiser before and I'm only a bit less green. Was wondering if anyone if anyone in the area has a spare MC or some 60020 OMEs they would be willing to part with. Any guidance would be appreciated as well.

I had to Google Alpine TX. Never heard of it, it is about 8 hours from Dallas. I hope you get back up and running quickly. Are you planning on posting trip pics? Would love to see where you were wheeling at.

I had to Google Alpine TX. Never heard of it, it is about 8 hours from Dallas. I hope you get back up and running quickly. Are you planning on posting trip pics? Would love to see where you were wheeling at.

I don't really post trip picts as i do this full time. I dont wheel per say, but do more wildland traveling. You can check out our page in the sig for an idea of what we do. Behind on recent shots due to no decent wifi recently. Essentially did river road then followed the border to just shy of rt67 where a dirt road runs up to the park.

Im right down the road from Alpine in Fort Davis and have a small shop thats pretty well tooled if you need any help. Will pm you my number.

Im right down the road from Alpine in Fort Davis and have a small shop thats pretty well tooled if you need any help. Will pm you my number.
Nice Colby. How have you been doing out there? Any new Cruisers or just the 80? Thanks again. Jim.

Hey Jim! Doing good. Did I have the HZJ75 when you were here, guess I got it about a year ago. What have you been playing with? Cheers, Colby

I was thinking about your rear brake issue, I wonder if the damage affected the load sensing proportioning valve which regulates the amount of rear braking pressure? I noticed from your pictures that your parked in front of Alpine auto Maintenance, Wes H. Is an old friend and very competent mechanic so your in good hands.

You were t
Hey Jim! Doing good. Did I have the HZJ75 when you were here, guess I got it about a year ago. What have you been playing with? Cheers, Colby
You were talking about the 75 but did not have it. I’ll take it offline :)

I was thinking about your rear brake issue, I wonder if the damage affected the load sensing proportioning valve which regulates the amount of rear braking pressure? I noticed from your pictures that your parked in front of Alpine auto Maintenance, Wes H. Is an old friend and very competent mechanic so your in good hands.

He is a very good man, and his generosity will not be forgotten. We are up and running replaced the MC. I lost one of his wrenches, just bought him a top of the line NAPA replacement. Just waiting for him to get back from lunch so I can give it to him

Thats great, glad you got everything sorted out!

Take care,
Colby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom