Kina's Summer Solstice /Father's Day Weekend Pot Luck Backwoods Breakfast Bonanza (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What time is breakfast in the morning? I want to get the kid up early to try and attend. No wheeling for me though.:bang:

Back from Mexico!
Looking forward to making it up there this weekend.
Will be there with wife and dog, Probably somewhere around 7pm on Fri.

Welcome back!

Do you have the maps Kina mentioned at the Spring Meeting for a moderate run? They were from when the Fall Gathering was up in his area.

I was considering coming up Friday.

Do we need firewood?

Thanks Larry.
I don't think I have them but will check.
I think it would be safe to assume we should bring our own firewood unless told otherwise.

So here are some details/rules for the weekend-

Some people are interested in a class 6 run, sounds fun and we should be able to do one.
I checked all my paperwork I inherited and do not have any class 6 information for that part of NH.
Again I'm sure we can throw something together for a more stock friendly or moderate run if folks show interest.

You don't need to bring firewood, you can scrounge the woods and find some also Kina said there's some pine s-c-raps as well.
There's a firepit in the general area that we are camping in, make use of it.

Folks that are bringing their kids and animals are responsible for them all weekend. Please keep track of them and watch them ALL weekend.

Kina has a dog as well, he has asked that you keep your dog's food/treats away from her.
The dog also begs alot, please don't feed her.

The pool is open, I have taken care of a pool before and it's a never ending, expensive battle with chemicals and lots of time.
Please be curteous and rince off before entering the pool, obvious pool rules apply.

Bring a few trash bags and be prepared to use them. Kina's is pack in pack out-leave no trace-AKA bring home what you brought with you.

There will be a Portajohn there to use, lets aim straight boys. The ladies will be happy.

Some people have asked what time breakfast starts Sat. Good question!
I would say it's safe to assume around 9am? Should leave plenty time for people to eat and wheel.
Sound good?

I am more than willing to whip up some omlettes and some sausage for the potluck breakfast.
This is a group effort, If you can please bring something to contribute so it's just not me feeding/cooking for 20-30 people!

Saturday night I will heat up some pulled pork, I think theres about 3 to 4 pounds of it. This is seasoned but with no BBQ sauce. If you like BBQ sauce on it please bring it, it's good without it as well.

If you have not been to Kina's before, or if you don't remember how to get there feel free to PM me for the address.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM me as well.

Look forward to seeing you all up there, for those of you who can't make it- Happy Father's day and we'll catch you at the next one!

-Bob-

Last edited:
My trip to Burlington has been put off until next weekend. I'd like to head down to Kina's. Can someone PM me the address so I can punch it into Mapquest? Thanks.

Food, check
Beer, check
Rain Gear, check (it's already raining here)

Leaving in 5 minutes! WoooHooo!

TOO BAD!

I'll be going up first thing in the AM Saturday instead of this evening and plan to be there for breakfast with some minor contributions.

I have some mod run maps and I hope we don't get lost, although I think I can find the place where they serve lobster rolls and ice cream if anyone didn't bring their own lunch fixins for Saturday. :popcorn:

Wish I coulda made it up. new job, new baby, old baby, no cruiser, etc. Blah blah blah. Hope you guys are havin fun and I'll see you all at the FG.

Happy Fathers Day to all!!

Kina and Hilary thanks for hosting this weekend.
Had a great time.
Bob thanks for the breakfast.

^ Ditto.
Had a great time once the rain cleared out. Good trails and great fun.
Thanks Larry for the fireside entertainment.

Anyone call Scotty?

^
Thanks Larry for the fireside entertainment.

Anyone call Scotty?

Stop! My ribs still hurt from all the laughing!
Great weekend with everyone. Had fun cutting a new loop with Jon and Kina
Friday. Nice breakfast on Saturday (everyone have enough sausage?)
Saturdays campfire was a laughfest, looking forward to next year.
Colin I want to see you bring your 40 next year.
Hillary and Kina thanks again for a great weekend!

Thank you to Kina and family for your hospitality and putting up with the Yankee Toys crowd again. Paul took a bunck of pictures during the class 6 ride Saturday and I'll post the link in the next few days. Tim...

Few pics for those who couldn't make it.
1k1.jpg
1k2.jpg
1k3.jpg

More fun,
1k4.jpg
1k5.jpg
1k6.jpg

Last few, Please note that while using his winch Kina
wears his protective gear.
Erik in his 40 just seemed to walk right thru everything with ease,
while the 60 and 80 had problem after problem. Just sayin! : )
1k7.jpg
1k8.jpg
1k9.jpg

Wow excellent shot of me in the tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom