Key programming (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Mauser - in your vid you mention after the 2x ign cycle that "erases both of your remotes". Is the ECU/immobilizer erasing all the keys except primary master? Just guessing here that maybe the 5 key memory limit (or whatever the max is) won't accept another key. Maybe that limit is just for the immobilizer though...

I may try a cheap Amazon transponder...
I've bought a number of refurb's from this fleabay vendor for my 00 and 03. The cases are new, but the transmitter is a used Toyota OEM. He puts in a new batt and also replaces the transponder chip with a fresh one (one shot programmable, non erasable) for immobilizer.

Bit more $$ than aftermarket, but you know the transmitter is compatible and have near new unit for less than stealer pricing.

I've bought a number of refurb's from this fleabay vendor for my 00 and 03. The cases are new, but the transmitter is a used Toyota OEM. He puts in a new batt and also replaces the transponder chip with a fresh one (one shot programmable, non erasable) for immobilizer.

Bit more $$ than aftermarket, but you know the transmitter is compatible and have near new unit for less than stealer pricing.

Sweet, thanks. I’ll most likely give this a shot.

@Mauser - in your vid you mention after the 2x ign cycle that "erases both of your remotes". Is the ECU/immobilizer erasing all the keys except primary master? Just guessing here that maybe the 5 key memory limit (or whatever the max is) won't accept another key. Maybe that limit is just for the immobilizer though...
This just erases the remote from the ecu, not the transponder.

I bought a new key from 1010keys on eBay. Came with programming device. Got the key to start up the engine on the first try. I’ve run into an issue with the remote programming. I’ve been able to get the remote buttons on the new key to program correctly but now my original key remote buttons don’t work. I’ve tried everything to get it to reprogram and keep getting two lock cycles indicating failure. Can anyone explain what’s going on. Both keys I have will start the engine and unlock/lock the doors manually. I just can’t get the remote on the original key to program.
Having a similar but opposite issue with a 1010keys cut from photo key fob. Mine did not come with a programming device. I programmed the new key through tech stream as a second master and it works perfect for door and ignition but has no remote function. I lost and regained remote function of my original master fob during the lock/unlock programming procedure of the new fob using the instructions they provided. My original has full function now that I used the procedure ( The 4C is 1998-2002 also referred to as the “sequence E” programming steps; ) in this thread. This specific post worked perfect to restore function of my original master key remote fob. Key programming - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/key-programming.841910/post-9676668

Did you resolve your issue with your original, if so how, and is the fob/key in the ebay link here the same as yours? (BLADE CUT by PHOTO) REMOTE FOB KEYS w/LOGO, w/4C CHIP, w/DIY Instr for LEXUS | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/163152379523

20211118_214047fobcase.jpg

20211118_214911Fobremote1.jpg

Last edited:
So I have an 03 LC with a master key. I just got 2 new keys with the fobs. I did the door open/close and key in/out method to try to program the new keys. The doors lock and unlock at the end of the sequence so I believe I did it correct, but when I try pushing the buttons on the new keys nothing happens. These are the keys I ordered.
Screenshot_20220615-170121_eBay.png

Recently acquired a 2001 LX 470 with only 2 valet keys and no original fobs. Took it to battery plus and after 1 of programming with new aftermarket fobs purchased, they gave up and refunded me the cost of parts and labor. Great customer service but sadly it didn’t work. I decided I really wanted at least a single fob and scheduled an appt at Lexus. After 3 hours of waiting, they handed me my $440 (charged 1 hour of programming at $180) key fob and a quote for $3500 to replace all door actuators. I kindly declined and left with my free hot chocolate and Diet Coke. They said they can’t complete the sequence with the old actuators. I’ve tried the steps listed here to program with the driver door and the locks never respond with either 1 or 2 inserts and twist to ON. My local Japanese car expert said to bring it buy to take a look on the actuators. All the doors currently lock and unlock from either inside or driver/passenger/rear. Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom