Key broke in the ignition. LC went dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve got a 99 land cruiser and went to turn the key in the ignition and the metal key broke apart from the fob when I went to turn it on. I realize what I did next was not very smart...I tried to turn the busted key in the ignition without the fob attatched. It did not start. I ubered home and left the car and returned the next day with my spare key only to find my car completely dead. I was able to manually unlock it and tried to start it up but there was nothing... no lights no sounds. The lock and unlock buttons on the doors don’t work. Nothing. I was able to get a jump and when I hooked up the cables the alarm started to go off on the lc and I was able to start her up. I drove it home and parked it in the driveway. Turned the car off and turned it back on immediately to test it out. I let it rest for a few hours and I went back to go start it up and it went completely dead again. Not sure what my next step will be but I’m not sure if anyone has any ideas??? Anything helps! Thank you

Check battery and alternator at box parts store for free, and buy @suprarx7nut YotaMD case to fix your key and fob.

And this folks, is exactly why the YotaMD key is a good idea, even if you haven't broken your key... Yet. It's only a matter of time for the vast majority of those plastic keys and there are very few times when an in ignition failure is convenient.

@Dylanp24 , hopefully you can salvage the battery with a good recondition charge from a shop charger. Sometimes you can save them even after a complete discharge. A trickle charger won't do it, but maybe a good reconditioning charge can.

If the battery is already old, just buy a new one and skip the hassle.

Good luck!

Consider a YotaMD kit in the future! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom