Keeping spare parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PAR

Threads
2014 200 series with 116,000. I’m running with a Icon suspension with 2.5“ lift,nito ridge grappler 33’s.I have done trails at anza, valley of the moon Elliot mine trail, Joshua tree,200 miles in Death Valley,big bear. Several others. Goal was/is to be able to get out and camp at places most cannot get to. Not really into rock crawling or trails like John Bull. However, sometimes come across a challenging gate keeper. Nothing yet the goat hasn’t been able to climb or get over. My question is, no matter how built up the rig, eventually something is going to break. I would like to assemble kit with some of the most common parts that may break that could be replaced on the trail. Tie rods,etc. Would also like to assemble a secondary box with major components that may eventually fail but can’t replace on trail but would have on hand as opposed to wait for shipping. What do you think would be the best parts to have on hand would be ? Thanks in advance.

Spare batteries for your key fob. Credit card and a ham radio!

I used to carry a spot device on my motorcycle trips to send messages to my loved ones when I was out of cell service which was typical. Mine had two programmable messages aside from the 911 rescue button. One sent “done for the day, all is well”. The other sent “I’m ok but come get me”. I never had to use the second one.

I like to have spare parts. You might not replace an axle shaft out in the boonies but if you break one and get her back into town having the axle for Fred’s garage to install is better than spending a day or two of vacation chasing parts. I have not seen anyone say U Joint yet, I’ve replaced them in the wild but not on the LC as I just got her. If you keep maintenance up hoses should be fine, I carry a fan belt, JB weld, lots of zip ties, tire plug kit, air compressor, all that normal stuff. OBD II code reader so you can tell why a light is on.

Reactions: PAR
Spare batteries for your key fob. Credit card and a ham radio!

I used to carry a spot device on my motorcycle trips to send messages to my loved ones when I was out of cell service which was typical. Mine had two programmable messages aside from the 911 rescue button. One sent “done for the day, all is well”. The other sent “I’m ok but come get me”. I never had to use the second one.

I like to have spare parts. You might not replace an axle shaft out in the boonies but if you break one and get her back into town having the axle for Fred’s garage to install is better than spending a day or two of vacation chasing parts. I have not seen anyone say U Joint yet, I’ve replaced them in the wild but not on the LC as I just got her. If you keep maintenance up hoses should be fine, I carry a fan belt, JB weld, lots of zip ties, tire plug kit, air compressor, all that normal stuff. OBD II code reader so you can tell why a light is on.
Spare key batteries. Excellent. Have ham radio. Have Inreach mini for emergency. Fan belt is a good one. Have everything else mentioned but a welder. Good advice. Thank you

Just FYI, you don’t need a fob battery to start the vehicle. Just press the fob against the start button if the battery is toast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom