Karnage Welder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came across this self contained, self powered MIG welder for trail repairs. Eliminates connecting multiple batteries. Runs up to 20 minutes on internal battery welding up to 3/8" steel using flux core wire.
Might be something the club could look into, to have on those long trips to make those unexpected trailside repairs. Or for the guy that needs to do a simple weekend bracket weld or repair.

I was reading about these recently along with their competitors, all are pretty expensive. Might make for an interesting club procurement for club runs, kinda like an advanced first aid kit.

I was just thinking about one of these as well. The 24v are more common and can actually lay down a pretty decent weld, my truck is already 24v so it can be the dedicated trail weld repair rig.

Here's one of the videos I was watching on the Ready Welder that they tested with a couple of the lithium ion jump start batteries. The Ready Welder is about $200 less than Karnage which has built in batteries. So the Karnage is from a self contained perspective is probably a better deal and seems well engineered.

All that said, I have to wonder if perhaps the budget solution isn't a pair of lithium ion jumper batteries and a stick welder cable and a handful of 3/32" or 1/8" 6011 rods?

Last edited:
I have been looking into Karnage Welder too. Not cheap but should work better than the other spool gun style trail welders like the Bun or Ready Welder. The Premier Power Welder looks like a nice solution if you want to weld stick but it is much easier to MIG, especially when access is difficult.

I have been looking into Karnage Welder too. Not cheap but should work better than the other spool gun style trail welders like the Bun or Ready Welder. The Premier Power Welder looks like a nice solution if you want to weld stick but it is much easier to MIG, especially when access is difficult.
Any truth to the rumor it's only you 80's guys that break their rigs bad enough to need a welder? :p

I just finished and tested my flux core mig trail welder. Works off two car batteries and runs .035 flux core. Total cost was about $230.00 with parts bought off Amazon.

62872BA9-DC56-4DD4-B03C-9E97BCE933B7.jpeg

E72A2000-E5FA-4C94-B594-9DBA5ED1E245.jpeg

2B6D33A9-26AD-4F51-B840-71F218D24837.jpeg

2132F1C2-878D-4AFE-B0D7-ADB3E2874B9A.jpeg

Awesome looking

Great job Brian! Better looking welds than I get with flux core wire and my YesWelder here!

Is the wire speed adjustable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom