Kansas City Missouri Stolen!! My 80 series is missing please help. (Update) Recovered!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SJWantsADiesel, do you have to turn the key for the GPS signals to be sent? or will it send if the vehicle starts?
A thief likely won't have the key.
Is it one of the GPS units on amazon that is hidden and and is wired to come on when the ignition or accessory circuits are powered?
I've owned vehicles with multiple kill switches that were all so seamless to activate and deactivate that you couldn't tell what I did to get it to start after I handed my friend the key and told them to try to start it and they couldn't.
Sorry, yes, GPS/texts start once you start the vehicle. I got a DIY unit but for a subscription they sell them as a service too. Probably won’t deter someone from stealing it but will make it easier for the police to locate it. Around SF, I’ve been told the police are very likely to swing in action if you can provide a probable location.

Sorry, yes, GPS/texts start once you start the vehicle. I got a DIY unit but for a subscription they sell them as a service too. Probably won’t deter someone from stealing it but will make it easier for the police to locate it. Around SF, I’ve been told the police are very likely to swing in action if you can provide a probable location.
Thanks, sounds a lot better than nothing, at least there may be a chance of getting it back if stolen.

Thanks, sounds a lot better than nothing, at least there may be a chance of getting it back if stolen.
Yep, I don’t think there’s a foolproof way of securing these without spending $$$$. I think deterrence is good - make the thief pick an easier target and if stolen, get alerted quick and locate.

All that said and although mine has seen some truly unique mods/work, I like to remind myself that it is a material possession, not my first born :D

Glad to hear it is back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom