Just stopping by to say hi! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just found this group by googling Southeast Toyota Landcruiser Association from an overland bound thread from 2017 while doing some research on LBL for this weekend.

Super glad I found y'all, as I've already got a name of a local mechanic people recommend and a new club to join!

A little bit about me, I'm a software engineer that works up in Franklin, lives in Springhill, and I own a 2006 Lexus lx470 with 254k+ miles on it.

I've deleted the 3rd row seats(which I have in my basement covered if someone is interested in buying them), removed the running boards (also stored in my basement and willing to sell), and added landshark outfitter KISS drawers, made a fold over sleeping platform in the rear, then added a Thule (albeit Audi branded) cargo box to store some soft goods while camping.

Like I mentioned I'm very glad I came across this group and look forward to learning from, and interacting with everyone here!

Welcome. Glad you found the group.

dang that’s unfortunate, I don’t have Facebook.
Can not blame you. I frickin' hate it. I set one up when I was overseas for family and friend comms and kept it for the LC club stuff and my running club and beer stuff. Other than that? Keep it. Rhetoric and anger about stuff the posters usually do not have the knowledge base to post about. :bang::worms:

You and I can hang out in here! Matt comes in here too. :lol:

dang that’s unfortunate, I don’t have Facebook.

Yep, me either. This is my FB. I'm a fan of MUD, like Chris said the crap here is kept to near zero, so you can come here and just check things out and say what you want in peace.

Can not blame you. I frickin' hate it. I set one up when I was overseas for family and friend comms and kept it for the LC club stuff and my running club and beer stuff. Other than that? Keep it. Rhetoric and anger about stuff the posters usually do not have the knowledge base to post about. :bang::worms:

You and I can hang out in here! Matt comes in here too. :lol:
Hahaha works for me!!!

Yep, me either. This is my FB. I'm a fan of MUD, like Chris said the crap here is kept to near zero, so you can come here and just check things out and say what you want in peace.
Dang I hate that. I much prefer the forum layout than using Facebook and all the garbage that comes with that platform.

Agreed. FB has made it too easy. But thankfully it can't (currently) do what the forums do, and there are still a lot of folks that like being able to actually find information. The tech sections have stayed strong, but a lot of the clubhouses have really declined. I'll be honest, I keep my stuff here, but I frequent and offer content to other clubhouses that are more active. Just the difference in people.

Awesome! We rented in franklin for a couple of years and then bought a house in springhill and we love it here.
Plus my family lives in Columbia So not too far!
You are close to a bunch of members. @ugamurph is in Smyrna.

@Jon Hardy is in Columbia. He's a good guy but his brother is a real D! :rofl: (context - Jon's brother is a good friend I went to college with, known him/them for going on 20 yrs now)

Absolutely! If you see me wave at one of y’all while driving, it’s a habit I picked up when I was in my Jeep, so don’t hesitate to wave back! Glad to have a bunch of local guys around!

hey @devlooper
I'm kinda local too, I'm about 45 minutes south though. I also have a LX470, but it's a 99. And I hate FB as well. My wife keeps me informed about the STLCA activities there.
Awesome man! Glad to meet you, maybe one of these days we’ll run into each other!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom