Just shackles??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have stock everything on my '82 FJ60- saggin a little bit in the rear. I would like to lift it 1-2". Can I just add bigger shackles and if so, are there any minuses. What about getting the greaseable pins and the newer type of bushings also? Thanks again guys!!!!!

it may throw your pinion angle off a bit (may get a vibration). you can cure it with a pair of spring shims.

you can extend your shackles by 2 inches, which will net about 1 inch lift, as 2 inch of shackle sort of ='s 1 of lift, but i wouldn't go higher than an increase in 2 inches of shackle length but as explained above, it will mess with your pinion angle.

I replaced my rear shackles for the opposite reason. When I bought my rig, it had poor quality, flimsy looking 3" lift shackles. Got the extreme shackles from SOR, with new bushings, shocks and sway bar bushings. I'm very pleased with the ride, and FWIW, no symptoms of pinion angle problems before or after. I think it's the way to go. Or you could spend 1K on the OME lift and possibly end up with the cruiser sitting high on one side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom