just saw it at TTORA Takeover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.iluvrocks.com
...at Paragon AP in Hazelton PA. it was a Taco event that some of us crashed.

Toyota guys flew out for a focus group on mainly TRD.
yes I was chosen for the focus group :D
yes we gave them an earfull
yes they were mainly clueless.... but they actually were NOT so clueless about some stuff. gave me hope!
yes I still got the free jacket :D

It WILL be big. bigger than the Liberty. It was smaller than the new Tacoma they also had there though.... :rolleyes:
confirmed Prado drivetrain.

they had it locked, but the Virginia guys figured out where the battery kill switch was. When the Toyota Rep had his back turned we got in and started messing wiht the seats/switches etc. Popped the hood, took pics of us *driving* with beers as a joke.

Yoda guy was like "cool.... you got it open..."

I told them to come HERE to get all the feedback on the PT... I mean FJ Cruiser.

they knew nothing about ih8mud.... :rolleyes:

Was it the old prototype (3.4), or the (pre)production (4.0) model? No one has seen the interior, of the production model, also the production model did not have an engine in it at the auto shows.

I was told it was the *original* prototype, but I don't know.
I didn't pay attention to the drivetrain or engine as the Toyota guy told me what was on it (ford 9" rear for ex.) had nothing to do with the production model.

he also said the production model would be a little longer.

nice photos....good to see TRD/Toyota gettin input...

I gotta learn how to be "focus group" orientated...lol

Wow, those wierd block tires were actually on it? I thought those were just some cheesy thing they made for the autoshow, were they even a real tire?? Odd looking things...

Yech I hope that's not the real production interior... :barf:

nothing much on that thing is going to be the same on the production model.
tires *appeared* to be real.. they were real rubber anyway. I'm sure they are one-off proto's though.
(interesting note: I heard a story about a tire engineer who is a Virginia Tech alum. He came back with off road tires where the tread was 'VT' all over it.... left VT all through the dirt! :)

no-one knows what the interior will be like...

sorry I don't have pics.... I wan't taking the photos :eek:

all the local TTORA Guys ive met dont know much about anything other than IFS lifts and clear corners.. Too bad thy didint let a real Group of Enthusists (liek the mud) Check it out and give input

right, i agree.... but

how many landcruisers does Toyota sell a year?

how many tacomas does toyota sell a year?

a gazillion.....

believe me.... I informed them how the cruiser community feels very neglected.
i think their opinion is that WE are not their customer, we only want to build up old trucks.

That setup is the same as the prototype that has been pictured for a few years. The vehicle shown at the Chicago auto show had BFG tires and a more conventional roof rack. The winch, although in the older pics, was not on the show car in Chicago. The vehicle from TTORA looks better than the one at the Chicago show. There are quite a few folks on this board who tried to get their attention earlier this year maybe we at least got them thinking about seeking more enthusiast info.

Last edited:
MoJ said:
That setup is the same as prototype that has been pictured for a few years. The vehicle shown at the Chicago auto show had BFG tires and a more conventional roof rack. The winch, although in the older pics, was not on the show car in Chicago. The vehicle from TTORA looks better than the one at the Chicago show. There are quite a few folks on this board who tried to get their attention earlier this year maybe we at least got them thinking about seeking more enthusiast info.
I think that was the old prototype (which was functional), not a revised production version.

firetruck41 said:
I think that was the old prototype (which was functional), not a revised production version.

Correct and ????

MoJ said:
Correct and ????
I thought you were saying the TTORA FJ was more similar to the old prototype, and they were listening by adding back the winches, etc., and you didn't realize that it was the old prototype. I think I misuderstood you :doh:
:cheers: :)

firetruck41 said:
I thought you were saying the TTORA FJ was more similar to the old prototype, and they were listening by adding back the winches, etc., and you didn't realize that it was the old prototype. I think I misuderstood you :doh:
:cheers: :)

Ahhh, ok, now I'm crystal. Now I understand that what you were saying was based on what I was saying but not really, or something like that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom