Just killed a monster deer with my lx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

zoned

SILVER Star
Threads
Bumper, headlight assorted bits will need replacing. Oh what fun. On the bright side, the lx didn’t even flinch

Bumper, headlight assorted bits will need replacing. Oh what fun. On the bright side, the lx didn’t even flinch
My wife killed a pretty large one the other day as well with our 100 series. She was going about 45 at dusk.

424E7C38-38A6-4F32-928D-8812D4122542.jpeg

52EFD2C4-9432-4DC2-9D45-18964699844E.jpeg

3892861E-7845-43D7-9864-F841D5BCE5A0.jpeg

FAEBC7F0-629F-4D44-9D63-15BA25CBDD1B.jpeg

D5C6AA2F-BA3B-45AA-8AEC-861349885DA4.jpeg

Not sure, I couldn’t find it when I went back anyway. Only my fender well laying in the road

Literally almost happened to me with one of our neighborhood bucks way out further on the main road than Ive ever seen one a couple nights ago. They are not small deer in this neighborhood its wild. The new brakes saved me from hitting him. I got lucky for once with timing that one.

Hope all the people involved are okay. Good excuse to get new headlights and a metal bumper with hoops.

Are there any bumpers that don’t require donor parts from the stock bumper to fill in gaps?

Not sure about for the LX, but there are for the LC. The TJM T13 I put on my LC is a full replacement, it doesn't use any of the stock bumper plastics.

Didnt even think to pull footage but now im curious.

Not sure about for the LX, but there are for the LC. The TJM T13 I put on my LC is a full replacement, it doesn't use any of the stock bumper plastics.
I did my front bumper after a deer strike and did the TJM but also don’t know what the full replacement options are for LX. My insurance co. just gave me the check for the total claim based on the shop estimate and I paid the shop. I was able to do the TJM with the insurance payout.

For the LX even if there isn’t a full replacement, you still may be able to work this out with the repair shop and insurance co. You just may need to buy the damaged OEM parts you need. The plastics are not that expensive. Even if you have to pay more out of pocket, it still may be cheaper now than adding a bumper later as the install labor should be about the same and covered by insurance. Not all shops and insurance companies are this flexible though.

For deer strikes I’m a big fan of full bull bar hoops like my TJM. They are called bull bars for a reason. I’ve hit a second deer with the TJM and sustained no damage. I’ve also hit two trees on trails that would have taken out head lights but I only scuffed the powder coat on the bar. The old-school full bar aesthetics are not for everybody but man it works.

Last edited:
I did my front bumper after a deer strike and did the TJM but also don’t know what the full replacement options are for LX. My insurance co. just gave me the check for the total claim based on the shop estimate and I paid the shop. I was able to do the TJM with the insurance payout.

For the LX even if there isn’t a full replacement, you still may be able to work this out with the repair shop and insurance co. You just may need to buy the damaged OEM parts you need. The plastics are not that expensive. Even if you have to pay more out of pocket, it still may be cheaper now than adding a bumper later as the install labor should be about the same and covered by insurance. Not all shops and insurance companies are this flexible though.

For deer strikes I’m a big fan of full bull bar hoops like my TJM. They are called bull bars for a reason. I’ve hit a second deer with the TJM and sustained no damage. I’ve also hit two trees on trails that would have taken out head lights but I only scuffed the powder coat on the bar. The old-school full bar aesthetics are not for everybody but man it works.
Got any pics? Yeah I’m definitely going to try to get something on there. By the time you buy headlights, fogs and that expensive ass camera you could probably get a decent bumper. I also saw I’m going to have to replace the oil intercooler? Not ruptured but bent to hell

Got any pics? Yeah I’m definitely going to try to get something on there. By the time you buy headlights, fogs and that expensive ass camera you could probably get a decent bumper. I also saw I’m going to have to replace the oil intercooler? Not ruptured but bent to hell

Here’s a thread on my second deer strike.

Here are my theads thread on the original deer strike:

I couldn't find the near miss footage but here one is cutting me off on my own street!

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 11.43.58 AM.png

His dad is easily twice the size. They act like they own the place. Only choose the most manicured lawns to chill on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom