June ROTM - Back way to Crown King - Saturday, June 16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

there is a thread in the 200 section discussing what tools/gear/parts people bring on the trail.

What Tools and Parts to Carry on the Trail

crown king has been known to snap driveshafts if you play on the alternate routes.
a bottle jack, block of wood, tow strap, D-rings....will get you home if you have an issue.

I'm a most likely...

If you stay off the alternates and on the main route, your 62 in 4wd should be fine

I'm a most likely...

If you stay off the alternates and on the main route, your 62 in 4wd should be fine
"Hey Murf! You talkin' to me???"

Sadly it looks like this run may not happen...... impending closures due to extreme fire danger in Prescott National Forest, going into effect June 1. The end of this trail goes through closure areas. Please keep an eye on this thread and I will confirm one way or another closer to the date.

Prescott National Forest - News & Events

Anyone have any ideas for possible alternative runs that won't go through closed areas? I'll be thinking... :hmm:

Bummer.

The front way will be open as will town. Not near as fun though.

Is the "front way" the easier of the two trails someone mentioned earlier in this thread?

Sadly it looks like this run may not happen...... impending closures due to extreme fire danger in Prescott National Forest, going into effect June 1. The end of this trail goes through closure areas. Please keep an eye on this thread and I will confirm one way or another closer to the date.

Prescott National Forest - News & Events

Anyone have any ideas for possible alternative runs that won't go through closed areas? I'll be thinking... :hmm:

HOpefully it will still come together, im jonesin for getting out!

AZCSR: The front way is a high speed passenger car rated graded dirt road all the way to the top.

HOpefully it will still come together, im jonesin for getting out!

AZCSR: The front way is a high speed passenger car rated graded dirt road all the way to the top.

While it is passenger car rated it is a dusty, washboard road. I enjoy the slow backway up much more then the road back down to I-17. Been a while since I've up there but last time I did on the road thru Bumble Bee came upon a brand new Tacoma with a temporary plate on its side. Driver lost control on the washboard. That is what I hate about washboard roads, get up to a speed it seems to float on the washboard and everything is fine until it isn't. Next thing you know your laying on your side wondering what happened.

sorry to hear this news. will keep watching thread.

I am a definite maybe. If I am heading out I will meet everyone at the air down area instead. No use doubling back...

Westwood family are committed and ready for this ROTM if closures are lifted. We will watch for additional news. Eager to try out the new suspension :)

Any updates? I cleared my schedule that day and am itching to get out on the trail. Did anybody come up with an alternative run that day if we can’t do this?

According to the 10 day forecast. 10 day forecast - Google Search
The high will be only 89 degrees Saturday so that can open up some other close-by options in case CC is still closed....

I'll post an update on plans early this week, still working them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom