J's up front (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trunk Monkey

Threads
Is anyone running J's up front and heavies in the rear? The way my truck is set up now, it will only sit level with a bunch of weight in the back, which only happens a couple times a year. With the ARB and winch, the front is sitting pretty looooow. Thanks.

I am.

The back of my truck is loaded up with a bunch of stuff too. I still have not removed my third row seats, have a large recovery kit(chains, straps, shackles, snatch black, etc...), a full bag of tools, and other miscellaneous junk. The truck sits level and rides quite nice even when I have several passengers in the third row. I would estimate all of this stuff weighing in between 200-300 lbs without people back there.

I'm about to do that setup because my current setup with mediums and an ARB up front gives me a pretty big rake. When you did this setup did you change anything besides longer shocks and the caster kit?

I have the OME L shocks and no caster kit. The truck is a little touchy but not too bad.

I have the "J's" up front and the heavy 863's in the rear, with ARB, sliders - no rear bumper, extra weight or third row seats.
Has a slight rake that really isn't that bad, and would settle when loaded.
I changed the brake lines, and installed the caster correction bushings.
I haven't changed the front shocks yet since they are still new :D!
I have no vibrations and the truck handles really well.

Joe

[quote author=FZJFillmore link=board=2;threadid=8342;start=msg70611#msg70611 date=1070464623]
Is anyone running J's up front and heavies in the rear? The way my truck is set up now, it will only sit level with a bunch of weight in the back, which only happens a couple times a year. With the ARB and winch, the front is sitting pretty looooow. Thanks.[/quote]

Don't know about now, but when Christo first got the J's, that's what a lot of folks were doing.

[move] :flipoff2:[/move]

Are you guys running 35's with this setup and if so any real problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom