Builds Jkny Lx 450 Ak cont Build ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2144.jpg
IMG_2152.jpg
DSC07301.jpg
DSC07316.jpg
DSC07341.jpg

Getting my trailer back on the road, I have a few things to finish up on it before a wheeling trip next month. Also going to paint match it to match the 80 :cool: It also tows great behind the 80 the it did with the 4runner you can barely tell it's back there half the time until I hit the hills of course well then we were doing some down shifting lol

IMG_2166.JPG
JPTbL6%fS9+iSmw4%gtUSA.jpg

You have to love spring in New England!
IMG_2184.JPG

A few up dates since last month. I picked up a set of Slee shocks off of @RFB and pick up a set of Dobinson 4" front Flexi coils. Also pressed in all new bushings in the rear, extended my sway bar brackets and made some adjustable UCA"s to help correct my Pinion and since it's been off for some time now!

IMG_2622.JPG
IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2900.JPG
mRRJJWMQSv6SD1Z7DcsK6w.jpg
fullsizeoutput_185e.jpeg

Just in time for our first spring run up at a property called Badlands in Vermont. Ive seen some pics in the past and heard there were some good traits there but this place ended up being pretty gnarly! When we got there it was mainly buggies on wontons and 40's and up so we pretty much knew what we where in for from that point on lol. We got there early Saturday evening set up camp and did some night wheeling which was awesome (haven't done it in a couple years) Sao much fun and then woke up to the rain the next morning and planned on having a semi easy day. Well that quickly changed when we ended up on a trail called Armageddon which was one of the most difficult hill climbs I've seen not to mention in the rain. Anyways long story short, my two buddies went up before me and had to winch 3 times to get up it and got really tippy in a couple spots and then I made it about half way and ended up snapping my rear pass side axle shaft :censor: So I ended up having to hook the which up and carefully back down the trail.I didn't bind up so I was able to make it back to camp. I removed the rear drive shaft and planned on just driving home in FWD but unfortunately I couldn't get the other piece of the shaft out that broke off and didn't feel like pulling the whole rear apart in the pouring rain so luckily my buddy had a shop a little over a hour away and I was able to get him to come up and throw it on his trailer :meh: Oh well all in all it was a awesome weekend and the suspension felt 100 times better than the OME stuff I had in there before. I've gone ahead and ordered Nitros for the rear so hope to get it back up and running asap!

On to the pics..

IMG_3048.JPG
rxUBftEgQYu0mTSs93S8QA.jpg
M%EoXi0TTKSReNV0MIkd2w.jpg
uwZ8QOdfRWKFWu7Karh01Q.jpg
fullsizeoutput_1864.jpeg

Soooo, that hill basically looks impossible in the rain. What kind of rock is that?

LOL idk big Slick slippery mossy rock haha Plus there were these huge hole's that were dug out from the buggies that our tires kept falling into, which is why I was trying to get a little momentum to crawl over a big rock but then my rear came down and tire hooked up and SNAP! For the record when we pulled up to the hill I was like hmmm yeah we should probably come back and run this when its dry and then of course up my buddy went,So naturally we all had to do it, it's like a dumb game we play that once one does it :flipoff2::steer: Oh and to top it off we later found out that we ran the trail backwards and your really supposed to come down it lol :doh:The property doesn't have the best trail map system :confused: and we know know that they're buddy rated greens, blues and blacks!

A few up dates since last month. I picked up a set of Slee shocks off of @RFB and pick up a set of Dobinson 4" front Flexi coils. Also pressed in all new bushings in the rear, extended my sway bar brackets and made some adjustable UCA"s to help correct my Pinion and since it's been off for some time now!

View attachment 1697811 View attachment 1697812 View attachment 1697817 View attachment 1697818 View attachment 1697819
Nice job cleaning those up. looks great.

Well I haven't really been on here much and summer is flying by so I guess it's time for some updates.

Life got busy so it took a while but I finally swapped out my rear axle shafts with some new Nitro chromoly shafts! Then went wheeling immediately after and my driverside front hub exploded:doh: So went and ordered all new Arp hub and knuckle studs for the front along with inner and outer chromoly hub gears.

I noticed the truck dripping one day in the driveway, radiator was leaking. I ordered a new Koyo and swapped it out.

Went a a small two day run a couple of weeks ago and all was well and then on the last trail of the day ( the hardest of course ) my winch decided to die, luckily my buddy was at the top to finish winching me up in his "cough jeep cough"

still have to open up the the winch and see whats going on? Might just get a new one :D

ORG_DSC09464.JPG

ORG_DSC09499.JPG

ORG_DSC09465.JPG
ORG_DSC09481.JPG
IMG_3790.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom