Builds Jkny Lx 450 Ak cont Build ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fullsizeoutput_d8c.jpeg
DSC_0275.JPG
DSC_0276.JPG
DSC_0277.JPG
fullsizeoutput_d8d.jpeg

Where is that cave?

That was a gorgeous trip! Looks like I need to put a NH wheeling trip on my calendar!

Where is that cave?

That was a gorgeous trip! Looks like I need to put a NH wheeling trip on my calendar!

The caves are in Dorset Vermont, if you look up Dorset caves you can probably see a bunch of pics and info on them.

It was an awesome trip for sure! Definitely get up north theres tons to see and some great wheeling.

Made it out for a quick snow run this past weekend, been a while since I've been out. The snow makes everything a bit more interesting especially when it's all ice underneath. Still the LC did great and these Pitbulls are just awesome they dig and grab everything so well. I didn't really get to take any pics as it was a short run and it was Cold! Getting the bug again and looking forward to this years wheeling season now.

I've been looking into some new shocks for the LC, does anyone one have any good recommendations ? I would really like a nice 2.5" shock. I've been looking at the Radflo's they look like a good option, decent price as well. I loved my Icon's in the past on my 4runner but they only make their 2.5's in a remote resi which I don't really think I need, their also a bit more pricey. I know there Dobinson as well but I never had experience with them ( also I think their also remote resi's)

fullsizeoutput_1376.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_138f.jpeg
05ygP74iSdu0q4EZ7028bA.jpg

Last edited:
Starting to get the truck ready for this wheeling season.Got a long laundry list of stuff to do. Swapped out my rear drive shaft since my old one was pretty beat! The trucks drives smooth again down the highway 75-80 all day with no Vibes! Sending the old one to get re tubed with a little thicker than stock wall and ordering a a couple new U Joints.
yRrC12ggT9afTT67C4sc+w.jpg

Also while I was under there I realized both my Radius arms were bent pretty good so I picked up some new used arms from a local Mudd member @RFB and my old bushings were shot anyways so pressed in some fresh new ones into the newly acquired arms. Trucks nice and tight upfront and every things straight.
isoUElVCSsaybX0uoLvZjQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_14a5.jpeg

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1540.jpeg

Then I started making a cargo barrier in order to try to keep the rear more organized on Wheeling trips and in hopes at keeping any projectiles from flying forward.
IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

Made it out for a nice little run last weekend in CT. It was a good day in the woods, it was a little slick from all the melting snow and some deep water in spots but the 80 did great as always and walked thru everything. I was really impressed by this first gen 4runner with it's leaf spring set up! That rig just makes everything look like a walk in the park. The first Gens have always been one of my favorite rigs..
DSC06736.jpg

DSC06783.jpg

DSC06791.jpg

DSC06829.jpg

DSC06831.jpg

Finished and mounted up the cargo barrier today. Happy with how it came out. It's solid for sure!
IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

Went out couple of weeks ago with some of my buddies on a Yankee Toys open run ( One of the local NE off road clubs) A good amount of Toyota and Land cruiser guys. It was a good run, The property we went out on was on the smaller side but the snow always makes things a bit more interesting and challenging so it ended up being a really fun day! Been busy so just getting to posting up the pics now..

I'm really starting to get a feel for the 80 and how it behaves and what a beast it is on the trail and love it more and more every time I'm out with it!

DSC07199.jpg
IMG_2136.jpg
DSC07205.jpg
DSC07214.jpg
DSC07267.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom