January Meeting: Snow Recovery Clinic this Saturday 1/14/23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey friends, sorry for the late notice this one snuck up on us. I hope the new year is off to a good start for everyone!

This months meeting we thought we would take advantage of the snow and ice and put on a vehichle recovery clinic while emphasizing snow recovery, both self-recovery and recovering another vehicle. It should be lots of fun, informative and another chance to hang with Cruiserheads. I have popped 6 people out of the ditch already this winter and only couldn't get a 7th out (albeit a snow plow with sand!).

We are going to meet up near Hyalite Res at the parking lot for History Rock. That should give us plenty of parking to spread out and do some live demo's on how to get unstuck.

Details:

When: This Saturday Jan 14th

Time: 10:30-Noon

Where: History Rock Parking Lot... Click Here for a Map

IMPORTANT PLAN B LOCATION: If for some unforseable reason History Rock's lot is too full to play, we will continue at each parking lot on the right until we find a good spot. So we will try History Rock first, then Blackmoore Lake Trail head, then the main parking lot. There is no cell service up there, so this is the best plan we've got.

Channels for Coms: HAM 146.460 and FRS 15? and CB Channel 4... haha, nobody is running CB's anymore... Progress.

What to bring: Winter Gear, your Cruiser, hot coffee/cocoa, happy kids, well behaved/leashed dogs, good footwear.

We will cover:
  • Self recovery (what if you all alone?)
  • Multi vehicle recovery (what if you have another rig?)
  • Max Traxx, kitty litter etc.
  • Tire Selection, pressures
  • Tire Chains (need help on this one)
  • Winching
  • Bubba ropes
  • Safe Rigging
  • When to call for backup
  • Winter Gear to carry
  • Winter specific recovery gear
  • Best practices

After Party: Lunch/Cookout in the snow anyone!?

Who's In!?

snow wheeling.jpeg

Sounds good Drew, looking forward to it. There’s always more to learn!

Sounds like fun! I'll be sure to bring my chains along. I love snow wheeling, and usually get out a few times per winter which generally means that I get stuck a few times per winter! ;) Will be good to pick up some extra tips and tricks.
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 4.48.03 PM.png

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_1115.jpeg

It will take a little calendar gymnastics, but we'll see what we can do. I definitely want to attend this one.

I’ll bring my Weber grill if anyone needs some space to cook on

We got it worked out. I'm in!

I am bummed I am going to miss this one...that is two in a row. I gotta work on my priorities 😆

looks like we should be able to make it there, but the IG account for freinds of hyalite is reporting nails from pallet fires in the parking lot so, enter at your own risk i guess.

looks like we should be able to make it there, but the IG account for freinds of hyalite is reporting nails from pallet fires in the parking lot so, enter at your own risk i guess.
Bummer! Anyone have a large magnet?

We are in! Great chance to learn others rigging skills. Its always good to know the capabilities of others before hitting the trails.
Being able to practice scenarios in a controlled environment is paramount to the real world.
Rgging decisions are made on the fly and confidence along with communication is key.

I’m new around here, but signed up for the club via the website recently. Are new members allowed to come to meetings, or is there a process for getting approved first?
Come to the meeting!

Great meetup! It was fun to be outside and have a chill meeting on a warmish winter day. Here's my unprofessional panaromic.
IMG_0972.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom