iT'S TIME - Need help setting tub on chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys-

Any chance 2 or 3 of you can come over to Tom's tomorrow to help us lift the tub onto the chassis of my FJ40? We'll need the help around 12 - 1:00pm.

Post up if you can lend us a hand. Thanks!

Jon

Thanks!

Shouldn't take us very long.

Sorry, but my social planner has me booked to paint the dinning room today.

Steve, Bart, Sam, and I were there with Jon and Tom. No worries---got the body on plus the fenders and even the hood before I left just before 2pm.

Hey, my reply never posted....so here it is again.

Thanks for the help guys! :clap:

It was fun with everyone pitching in and offering Tom all the free :wrench:-ing advice. Too bad everyone had to leave before all the :beer: was drunk.

If anyone has the pics that were taken, please post 'em up (Bart?). Please just make sure you only post the pics of my good side.

Unfortunately, Steve and I arrived too late to see the tub get lifted on to the chassis.

The body mount kit was being unpackaged as we arrived:

DSC_0060.JPG

Since it was Tom's shop, he got to clean his floor with the back of his shirt:

DSC_0067.JPG

Before the tub was tightened down, the fenders had to be mounted to get the alignment correct:

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

The finished (at least for the day) product:

DSC_0076.JPG

And of course, John is a happy man:

DSC_0080.JPG

It's almost done! Looks good Jon.

Thanks everyone, I sure wish Tom had let me keep the front clip on her....but he's right. Too much else to do in the engine bay to have that stuff in the way.

I was going to take it down to IPOR on Saturday so they can mount the 60 Series PS box, but the shop is backed up and I can't stand to have it sit for several weeks all the way down in Fred's-burg so I'll start putting everything back into and under the dash and setting it up to run. Who knows, I may even start on the wiring harness in a few weeks :eek::eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom