its not stopping like it should... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone physically measured the 4rnnr caliper pistons? I am curious what their size is. None of my refs list this.

Has anyone physically measured the 4rnnr caliper pistons? I am curious what their size is. None of my refs list this.
we just got a pair of these in. I'll try to remember to measure them prior to installation

Soft pedal

I haven't done the 4 runner conversion yet, but I am planning on it as soon as I get the knuckle rebuild kit. But if you swap out to the 4 runner calipers and leave the old MC, I can see how you might get too much caliper piston/volume for the MC and wind up with soft pedal, although I've read some people who made the swap and left the orig MC and had no problems. I don't see how the larger T-100 could be softer than stock unless the brake lines are expanding or something.

The reason that I'm interested in the piston sizes it that I want to see what the effective manual ratio is (discounting the booster's input) for comparison with other, similar systems.

I don't think a soft pedal can be blamed on an original MC. I did the 4 runner caliper w original master conversion over a year ago and have found the braking much improved with none of the downside (excess pedal travel, soft pedal, etc) I have read from others on the forum. If things don't seem right, then look elsewhere; rebleed, adjust rear brakes, adjust LSPV, etc.

I don't think a soft pedal can be blamed on an original MC. I did the 4 runner caliper w original master conversion over a year ago and have found the braking much improved with none of the downside (excess pedal travel, soft pedal, etc) I have read from others on the forum. If things don't seem right, then look elsewhere; rebleed, adjust rear brakes, adjust LSPV, etc.

X2.. I have only had mine for a couple of months but love it so far. I did have some trouble with air, used a power bleeder and had soft pedal. Still found air after driving it for a few days. bleed them again and it was the fix.

'94 4Runner caliper pistons are 1.67" diameter.

got them installed on the FJ and braking is improved. Not dramatically, but its better then it was.

Save some trimming of the dust shields and a tiny bit of grinding on the caliper to clear the wheel, it was a bolt in operation.

'94 4Runner caliper pistons are 1.67" diameter.
All 4 are the same size? Usually there is a larger and a smaller piston on each side to make the pads wear evenly.

Thanks, I'll plug that in to my spreadsheet tonight.

All 4 are the same size? Usually there is a larger and a smaller piston on each side to make the pads wear evenly.

Thanks, I'll plug that in to my spreadsheet tonight.
all four appeared to be the same size unlike the stock calipers of the 60. I did not measure them all, but if there was a size difference, it was very small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom