It's been a while, seeking help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been a while since I've visited. Years. After selling my 62, I got into something totally different and was back into a Toyota within 9 months. I didn't get back into a Land Cruiser, but into something with the same spirit. A 2013 4Runner Trail. It's been a great truck. No complaints and has exceeded my expectations in every way. It's no true Land Cruiser and I've gone back and fourth about selling it to get back into one... who knows.

I'm reaching out because I am in need of some local help, Tucson AZ. Last time I reached out one of you helped me rebuild my front axle on my 62. The community is great and I want to try here first before I reach out to others or try for hodge hodge solutions, I trust Toyota people and more so Cruiser people when it comes to stuff like this.

A while ago I put a Tacoma washer bottle into my 4Runner because the ARB bumper exposed the factory bottle. The install had been done at least once before and was documented elsewhere online. I followed it. It didn't quite work out how I thought it would and required more modification than was documented.

I cut my losses and quit the project, however, I had to cut a metal platform out of the engine bay to make clearance for the taco bottle.
IMG_1580.jpeg

Finding a ready made washer bottle for that same spot after the fact was devastating. To say I jumped the gun is an understatement. I've never screwed something up quite so stupidly and more or less permanentely. The install of the new bottle needs that platform for stability, as the new bottle sits directly on it. My call to help is this: Is there anyone in the community locally that can help me and fab up the missing piece. If possible, could something be welded back in place?

Willing to pay for time and or supplies.

Thanks for reading if you did, please do reach out if you're willing and able to help me out.

It's great to browse the forum again, and makes me miss being a part of it that much more! On the the vehicle classifieds maybe!

dylans

It's been a while since I've visited. Years. After selling my 62, I got into something totally different and was back into a Toyota within 9 months. I didn't get back into a Land Cruiser, but into something with the same spirit. A 2013 4Runner Trail. It's been a great truck. No complaints and has exceeded my expectations in every way. It's no true Land Cruiser and I've gone back and fourth about selling it to get back into one... who knows.

I'm reaching out because I am in need of some local help, Tucson AZ. Last time I reached out one of you helped me rebuild my front axle on my 62. The community is great and I want to try here first before I reach out to others or try for hodge hodge solutions, I trust Toyota people and more so Cruiser people when it comes to stuff like this.

A while ago I put a Tacoma washer bottle into my 4Runner because the ARB bumper exposed the factory bottle. The install had been done at least once before and was documented elsewhere online. I followed it. It didn't quite work out how I thought it would and required more modification than was documented.

I cut my losses and quit the project, however, I had to cut a metal platform out of the engine bay to make clearance for the taco bottle.
View attachment 3199437

Finding a ready made washer bottle for that same spot after the fact was devastating. To say I jumped the gun is an understatement. I've never screwed something up quite so stupidly and more or less permanentely. The install of the new bottle needs that platform for stability, as the new bottle sits directly on it. My call to help is this: Is there anyone in the community locally that can help me and fab up the missing piece. If possible, could something be welded back in place?

Willing to pay for time and or supplies.

Thanks for reading if you did, please do reach out if you're willing and able to help me out.

It's great to browse the forum again, and makes me miss being a part of it that much more! On the the vehicle classifieds maybe!

dylans
Where are located?

I'm around the East side.
I should have been more detailed in my question. I am in Tucson and can help you if you are local, but guessing "East Side" is P-Town.

Sorry, definitely local. East side of Tucson like Broadway and Kolb area.
Oh ok, Well then, let's have a chat and see if we can get you knocked out next week. I have company this week, but can help next week.

Drop a line at 501-772-6109

Jason

You’re in good hands, Jason is very capable and will get you sorted out easily. If you still have the removed section, keep it.

While not my proudest effort, we did manage to get it all back in place. It highlighted that I need some TLC on the ole Miller 251…or that I may need to add a new one to the stable! It was good to have some shop time and help out. Glad it worked out in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom