Issues with Rear Passenger Window Channel Base & Rubber (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening all,

Been making serious progress/upgrades on my 62. In swapping the window motors, I cannot get the rear passenger window back into the metal channel (picture below). It's the metal base that is driven up/down by the motor and the window sits in a rubber channel that in turn sits in the metal channel. The rubber piece is long since dried out and half gone. Somewhat obviously, if you don't use the rubber channel, the glass just rattles around in the (much-too-wide) metal channel.

So, does any know the OEM part number for the rubber bit and/or have DIY'ed a replacement and maybe even tricks for getting it back in?

Bonus points if you point me towards a source for the window felt the window rides between at the top edge of the door/bottom edge of the window.

Any insight you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!
EL

Pass_window_base.jpg

The outer door weather strip gets clipped to the chrome trim on the outside of the door at the base of the window. Here is a thread that shows how to install it:

I believe the window run piece I got from Cruiser outfitters ( EDIT: oops I meant Cruisercorps...click on the link I posted in post#3 above) was one piece so that short piece that goes in the door (the one you picture above) is not needed. Just one long piece that you slide down into the channel...easy peasy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom