Issue with spotty shift lock on 2010 Sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
Last few months my Sequoia lock to shift out of park has failed and needed to push the bypass. First it was when parked in a hot garage. Which reminds my of the driver's power door lock on a 2000 100 series and 99 4Runner which happened when it was hot (PHX, AZ). It now happened when cooler. Anyone had this issue and was it the solenoid at the shifter? Only other thing I can think of is switch at the brake pedal?

Transmission range sensor, possibly, P0705 code.
Similar happened to my 07 tundra.

Transmission range sensor, possibly, P0705 code.
Similar happened to my 07 tundra.

Not even sure what that is. Should the check engine light stay? Only light that stays lit is the tire sensor. Had tires rotated and balanced at a place that supposedly only used nitrogen. When I traveled from 1,000' to 8,000' tire light came on. Pressure on all tires was well over forty pounds. Now need to know how to tell which wheel has the bad sensor. Another problem to figure out is which sensor is bad. I dumped all the air and inflated to the proper pressure then reset the sensors with no luck. Like the shift lock not a huge issue I would just like to get fixed. Drove a lot of years without tire pressure sensors and never destroyed a tire became I ran it flat or too low of pressure.

Doing a little more research sounds like it could be a battery. Reading some say replace after five years. The is a 6/2009 2010 model. No issues until a while ago. 2004 4Runner bought new in January 04 never had a sensor problem. Looks like for my 2010 Limited the part number is 42607-0C050. Price is reasonable. Only has 116K miles on it bought it in 2013 with 63K miles. 5K miles a year does make sense buying a new one. Thinking a face lift with aftermarket TRD grill and new headlights. Also like these wheels. Different wheels would make sense to install new sensors. Will wheels fit a 2010 4X4 Sequoia without spacers?
1659120621211.png

On the shift lock I'm seeing a Computer sub assy shift lock control. Pricey little piece but if it fixes the problem worth. Does anyone know if the piece mounts directly on the shifter and includes the lock solenoid? Diagram shows it in the correct location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom